So I'm getting the car ready for nitrous...

CrazyHorse95GT

Reaction score
Get this guys, I'm gettin my 95 GT ready for nitrous and when i took my timing back to 10 degrees... I've got cylinder misfires in 1-4 but cylinders 5-8 are fine. Its a new ignition set up, MSD yada yada. Ohmed out the O2's and there the same. Any ideas guys? Need major help, won't spray the car until i get it fixed.

OP
OP
C

CrazyHorse95GT

Reaction score
Yea man its all new stuff. The reason I'm having troubles blaming the MSD is becuase its only cylinders 1-4..... 5-8 run fine. Possibly a PIP? I'm not sure. Continuing to do research. Thanks matt

Xuzhu

Reaction score
No idea about this MSD, but my suggestion is don't touch your timing, get the nitrous installed and take it to a good dyno/tune shop. Tell them what's going on and let them do the work, it's something you don't wanna fuck up heh.

OP
OP
C

CrazyHorse95GT

Reaction score
Just like anyone else, i hate giving my baby to a tune shop. That will be my last resort if i can't figure anything out. But yea, im gonna put my timing back to where it was becuase the computer should take care or most of the detonation. Thanx for the input

NITROUSINJECTED

Reaction score
sounds like your blowing out the spark do you have a msd box if not that should help out alot

OP
OP
C

CrazyHorse95GT

Reaction score
No I dont have a box, but ill just try and get this thing tuned w/o one for now, but one is definatly in the near future.

redripper

Reaction score
What is the lobe seperation on the cam?? That will have a big effect on the giggle gas with a after market cam. Take your car to MD Motorsports for the tune Ken Bjonnes is the shit when it comes to tuning he tuned my car he is a great guy to deal with. Hell they are in 5.0 magazine almost every other month.

OP
OP
C

CrazyHorse95GT

Reaction score
As far as the cam goes, its the stock duration and lift. I've been tweaking the timing the past few weeks and its startin to sound a little better. Gonna throw some NGK plugs in it and we'll see what happens.

OP
OP
C

CrazyHorse95GT

Reaction score
8) Yea buddy, hey I wouldn't have bought a sports car and not get the sports part out of it. It spends most of the time at the local road course and an occasional rice cooker. Imports...... :gtfo:

Peter

Reaction score
KISS

back to basics

check the gap on the plugs, check spark at the missing plugs, check condition of wires ect

after all that setup your timing where you want it to be N/A then back it off 1-1.5* for every 50hp of nitrous

start off with a small shot once everything is running great like a 75 or so and then up it as you get more comforable

blackfang

Reaction score
I was going to mention the plugs and their gap. That's where I would go first.

NITROUSINJECTED

Reaction score
just put nitrous on my brothers car and the same thing. we put on an msd box and it cured it. so like i said put on an msd box and it should help out.

cody0170

Reaction score
ya your blowing out your sprark. this happened to me on 1 plug. runs like shit doesnt it. like a mild cam lope. i switched to NGK 7060 since thats 1 step colder for the nitrous.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online