So I've been thinking.. There's been a few block splitting power threads lately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
And the OP's are disappointed that the block can "only hold" 500 because their last car could hold 900 or whatever and before they sold it, it was making "600 hp" (random number just for examples sake). It also seems that the budget is tight.
What I'm getting at is that I wonder if their previous cars weren't making quite as much power as they thought it did and just how fast a 500 hp car is and how much money it takes spent elsewhere besides on the motor to make it all work. Then the answer is ok, I'll use a 351 block. What heads, intake, and cam are you going to use? What valve springs etc, etc,?
I'm not bashing the imports and I'm not saying that they can't make bookoo's of power, I realize that some do. But surely the ones making "block splitting" power wouldn't be all that budget friendly either. One said it was dyno tuned and it made X amount of power but he never got a graph.
After a quick googling I came across a supra dyno forum. It looks like it at 27 psi one can make 600 and some odd at the tires and the moderate 10-14 psi guys are making 290-400'ish
This question is addressed to the ex or current tuner crowd: are the guys w 27 lbs of boost running around w a stock high mileage motor? http://www.supraforums.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-322998.html
Just my opinion but "block splitting" and "budget" don't belong in the same sentence.
Don't Sext and Drive.

chris91

Reaction score
Seriously dude? We know what thread and member you're talking about regardless of you pulling a number outta the air. And again with you ASSUMING shit is outta someone's budget. Really, you need to stop with the know it all attitude and take a step away from the keyboard.

If you're so worried about what a import makes or doesn't make go join that crowd. With how you act you'd fit right in with 90% of them...

And your opinion is just that and you really should keep it to yourself because you make yourself look very foolish and ignorant. You can split a 5.0 in half with a 2k dollar on3 turbo kit....

OP
OP
Nuttinbutcrumbs

Nuttinbutcrumbs

Reaction score
So you think that someone looking at a $3k dollar turbo kit can afford everything else needed to "split the block" so he's not left with a bunch of carnage or a car that's a real chore to make it to the quick mart? A guy throws out a $5k budget wanting to make 600 hp out of a high mileage motor, what do you expect?
Unless ones planning on slapping on an on3 kit onto a junkyard 351 truck motor, that $5k is going to get blown way outta the water. It's easy to spend $3k on a decent flowing topend alone. Are they thinking about running 20 psi on a 200k mile motor?
This wasn't directed towards any particular member, it's just that it seems that there is an influx of newbies expecting too much for too little. This is the first Windsor motor forum that I've ever seen with two guys wanting to make 900 hp "on a budget" in one week. I'm not sure about in the import world, but in Windsor land budget and 600 hp don't exist. If anyone says I'm looking to make that kind of power and they give a specific dollar amount, they can't afford it. They're not looking at the big picture.
Windsor guys making 400+ at the wheels, what's a ballpark figure that you spent to bring it all together? Everything from the motor to the tires that will handle that amount of power.
I think they're coming in misinformed and with too high of hopes.

Don't Sext and Drive.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
This wasn't directed towards any particular member said:
I might be nuts but it seems like you want to talk about [MENTION=19713]lolls1[/MENTION] post. Just not sure why you don't discuss it there instead of here.

Anyone else love the irony of the 2nd part of his quote or is it just me?

Addermk2

Reaction score
I've got a junkyard engine... it's a budget build.

and it makes more than "Block splitting power"

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Dude, slow your roll, again. Looking at a supra forum doesn't tell you everything. Those cars on stock internals can hit over 1,000 horse. A shop around the corner from me builds thousand horse supras every day. Granted now, they are a little older and more tired.

It takes almost no effort to make a poopra have 600 horse reliably. My buddy has one that we converted from the measly twins to a big single. Runs like a top with more than 600 reasonably.

If you don't know what you're talking about, don't try to make it seem like you do. If you want to know something, ask. But don't be so quick to berate or discredit something just because you don't know about it.

The nice thing about this forum, is that we aren't a bunch of "mustangs are the only car" guys. We know a lot about a lot of cars collectively. There is much to be learned from everyone here.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
f81cece57ad96dc1ace00e4d4611b3df.jpg
950e1050b9917413cffb1613673d68c8.jpg
bba25539e5ab8656534d861756282760.jpg
4abc2c27c7459c2eb01bd28b1aa26271.jpg

4a949bf37655f7c0c96dbe3977c6960c.jpg

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sorry. I know I said I'd be good and stop pointing out that he's an idiot but he's making it too darn hard not to.

He obviously is bating people into stupid debates and it's beyond annoying. We had someone else who use to do this and got banned 10.....15......20 times maybe?!??

Handz, how many times you been banned for this?!??

Either way this is already beyond ridiculous.

Can a mod please delete this garbage thread?!???

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I was bettin Justin rather then hands but yea its become clear that he is just a troll.

ITs times like this that I ask myself is the "valuable" info he gives on intakes and weighted maf's and throttle bodies something that we could do with out?

YES, yes we would be fine with out him.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure what everyone's getting worked up over?

Guy seems harmless. No need for a ban. Not yet at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online