So Lets Talk about Lower Control Arms......

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
So i am gonna be getting some lower control arms very soon...but i have been having trouble deciding what i want. I Know i want maximum motorsports FTW....But i cant decide, Street or Race Adjustable?

do you guys think think its worth it to pay more for the Adjustable Rear Lowers? Do you think it will be worth it compared to the Non-Adjustabe Lowers?

also, Since MM adjustable are expensive i thought that maybe Stang Suspention had nice arms...what do you guys think about these?

MM adjustable Lowers

http://www.stangsuspension.com/store/comersus_viewitem.asp?idproduct=209

Stang Suspension Adjustable Lowers

http://www.stangsuspension.com/store/comersus_viewitem.asp?idproduct=515

So what do you guys think...which do you think i should go with?...The Stang Suspension arms are $100 less than MM....or do you guys think i should get standard non-adjustable arms.

opinion?

FIVELITERS

Reaction score
I would honestly just get the non adjustable ones.

What kind of adjusting would you need to do to LCAs? Often enough to want them adjustable i mean. :dunno:

OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
FIVELITERS said:

What kind of adjusting would you need to do to LCAs? Often enough to want them adjustable i mean. :dunno:

You can Fine tune the ride height for the perfect stance

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
SRT Handz said:

that sounds pretty fun!

lol and sn95forums also gets like a 10% discount at StangSuspension if you didn't know..

i would say maximum motorsport.. iono bout the adjustable.. i would say why not? just an added feature that if you ever wanted to use, you could.

Suspect

Reaction score
SRT Handz said:
FIVELITERS said:

i think its more for fitting a taller tire for drag racing. being dropped all the way will prolly be the same height u have now, ull just be able to make it higher.

OP
OP
S

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
sssadjarms7998.jpg

StangSuspension.com Adjustable Street/Race Lower Control Arms - For 79-98 Mustangs
Part #: SSADJARMS7998

Video Product Review - Click Here

These arms feature height adjustable spring perches. You can lower your car 1 inch or raise it up to 2 inches just by rotating the spring perch. Ideal for racers who wish to fine tune the rear end height.

StangSuspension.com Street / Race lower control arms have all the features built-in to keep your Mustang firmly planted to the road. These control arms are both stiffer than your stock control arms, and have a superior bushing design. They use a 3-piece polyurethane design on the chassis end, for added stiffness. On the axle end they use a spherical bushing, which will allow for needed side to side movement, but will still control the rear axle as needed.

These control arms will reduce wheel hop, and improve traction greatly!

Features:

Teflon lined spherical bearing on axle end
2 inch steel tubing design, for extra strength
Three piece polyurethane bushings
Black powder coat finish
Bolt-on installation
We include grease for trouble free maintenance!

Fits 1979-1998 Mustangs

Price $254.72

mmrlca-2.jpg

MM Adjustable Lower Control Arms Black - For 79-98 Mustangs
Part #: mmrlca-2

Video Product Review - Click Here

Adjustable controls arms allow you to adjust ride height easily and safely.

Benefits -

Ride height can be adjusted to improve appearance
Road racers can set corner weights and ride height for optimum handling
Allows you to run bigger slicks in the rear by raising up the back end
Maximum Motorsports rear lower control arms plant your rubber firmly to the road. MMs design will give you more traction with none of the poor handling characteristics common with other aftermarket control arms. Control arm deflection in our arms is eliminated with a design that is three to four times stiffer than stock. Deflection of the factory rubber bushings is eliminated with MMs unique bushing design – the result of extensive motion analysis of what actually occurs in the rear suspension.

Has both spring perch and rear swaybar mount. If you need one without these then e-mail [email protected]

Fits 1979-1998 Mustangs

Price $360.95

Bluextc

Reaction score
I got the mm non-adjustable, cause I thought I probably won't be adjusting them, so why spend the extra cash?

Peter

Reaction score
I would want the adjustability just in case you want to run a bigger tire ect

always nice to have that option there.

I would go with the stang suspension ones or even UPR adjustables which I will be using shortly

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.