So . . this F350 Dually Diesel is HUUGE!!!

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
It's a freakin' land yacht . . lol. Talk about feeling confident on the road. :boink:

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Yep. Paid $4,300 for it. It's a helluva truck.

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
so was it a turbo model?? What does it have a 7.3??

No turbo. Just the 7.3 IH engine. I'm thinking about throwing a Banks Sidewinder Turbo kit at it. It's supposed to add 82hp and 143 tq.

That said . .. it's not terribly slow as it is.

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
What year F-350 did you get. I used to tow my car with a 1992 F-250 Diesel. That thing was sick. I loved getting 22-25mpg out of a truck, 18-20 while towing.

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
uncltrvlnmatt said:
What year F-350 did you get. I used to tow my car with a 1992 F-250 Diesel. That thing was sick. I loved getting 22-25mpg out of a truck, 18-20 while towing.

It's a 92. Here's a couple of pics. Check out the Altezzas!!!! :pimp2:

It even has a ricer wing on the top. I'm going to sell that the the guy with the Prelude down the street.

[attachment deleted by admin]

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
Awsome. You still have the mechanical fuel injection on that thing.

I am going to get another one when I get back into racing again.

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
uncltrvlnmatt said:

It's a beast. And, with new ones going 50k and up . . . I'm thinkin this is all the truck I'll ever need.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
uncltrvlnmatt said:

It's a beast. And, with new ones going 50k and up . . . I'm thinkin this is all the truck I'll ever need.

until you start screwing around with it to see how MUCH you have to do to get 12's out of it........then 11's .........

then you will need a new one to haul THAT one around :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
until you start screwing around with it to see how MUCH you have to do to get 12's out of it........then 11's .........

then you will need a new one to haul THAT one around :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

I want it to run 8s . . . :bunny3:

uncltrvlnmatt

Post Whore
Reaction score
The old 7.3 is a great engine. The only draw back to them is they need very regular oil changes. Otherwise you get a soot build up in the oil. It actually gets deposits in it, makes it gritty feeling in your fingers.

When I worked for rollins Leasing we had a bunch of E-350 cube vans. They changed the oil about every 8-10k. Those engines got nasty. I changed the oil in mine about every 4-5k and never had a problem.

Make sure you use a quality oil, Shell Rotella-T 15-40 is about the best diesel oil out there. The only other oil I would recomend for it is Mack Bulldog oil. Both are top of the line.

OP
OP
T

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
uncltrvlnmatt said:
The old 7.3 is a great engine. The only draw back to them is they need very regular oil changes. Otherwise you get a soot build up in the oil. It actually gets deposits in it, makes it gritty feeling in your fingers.

When I worked for rollins Leasing we had a bunch of E-350 cube vans. They changed the oil about every 8-10k. Those engines got nasty. I changed the oil in mine about every 4-5k and never had a problem.

Make sure you use a quality oil, Shell Rotella-T 15-40 is about the best diesel oil out there. The only other oil I would recomend for it is Mack Bulldog oil. Both are top of the line.

Thanks for the tip. I'll keep on top of it. :thumb:

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
heres my little tow pig nothing special. its 1lbs under having to have a CDL. and i can pretty much pull the titanic up from the ocean with it.

IMG_0468.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
look at the ball on that hitch hahahahah :D

anyways he is looking for halos see his other thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members