So this Happened last night!!!

Vengeance

Reaction score
Driving home for dinner with the family, heard a loud pop, then the clutch pedal went limp.
New part is on the way, ordered the MM clutch cable, figured i would spend the extra money for a better part.

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Good to my understanding MM uses a OEM ford cable. That's the only one you should ever trust!

OP
OP
Vengeance

Vengeance

Reaction score
That sucks
Yeah it sure does.
that definitely sucks. did it by any chance break where the cable hits the second hook on the steeda quadrant?
I am not sure, maybe, that could have caused the cable to fail...
Good to my understanding MM uses a OEM ford cable. That's the only one you should ever trust!
yeah, that's what I heard, and hopefully it should work with the steeda firewall adjuster... Part comes in tomorrow .

1994gt

Reaction score
MM stuff is the only way to go. I originally put the resto 5.0 clutch cable setup in y car and it was junk! Replaced wit with the MM setup 3 weeks later.

Kboss87

Reaction score
Was it a steeda cable? i see the quadrant was.
i bought the upr cable, quadrant, and firewall adjuster kit. The cable was absolute garbage so I used my factory cable with the firewall adjuster and quadrant. Works greats!

NERD

Reaction score
Last I knew the Ford OEM was the thickest cable on the market.

T-5 Killer

Reaction score
I have had a steeda cable on my car for a while now and man I regret it. I miss the pedal feel of the stocker. I hate having to adjust the steeda all the time.

SLOW95GTS

Reaction score
I had the ford racing kit on my 86, it lasted me a while until i sold the car. I just ordered one off jegs a couple of days ago, eventhough that mm cable is very popular.

Mnstrstang

Reaction score
Can't tell u how many times I've driven my 03 clutches SS bc the cable snapped. I've used factory, ford racing, mm, steeda and upr. Ford racing has lasted the longest for me. Installed a stock one a few months back lasted me about a month or 2 before it blew apart.

Wichers123

Reaction score
I'm just curious with all these cables breaking, has anyone ever thought to lube your cable before use. I have a upr and a ram heavy duty clutch and my pedal is super smooth. I used silicon and cable lube for a motorcycles before use.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online