Sold my neighbor the wife's car and he says it has problems

PinkieT

Reaction score
Got an update. This is a GDI (gas direct injection) motor and sludge builds up behind the intake valves, breaks looks, gets into the cylinders, scores the walls, sludges up the oil, and the sludge blocking the oil passages makes the motors fail. There are class action lawsuits against Hyundai in more than one state on this. I had no idea this was a problem, and feel like shit selling the car to family members only to have it die on them a few months later. I offered them $1,500 towards a new used motor or to buy a new car.

Patientzero

Reaction score
Every car I've sold I make a bill of sale that says "SOLD AS IS, NO WARRANTY" no matter who I sell it to. I've always disclosed any problems a car has when I sell it but usually I fix all the problems before I sell it. I've never had a guilty conscience, cars break. Nothing you can do about it if you didn't know there was a problem. Hopefully your neighbor recognizes that you didn't try to pull a fast one on him and gets over it. If not, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online