Sold the SRT-4, bought an 06 EVO IX and snapped a few pics with some old friends

Srt-4 Turbo 7

Reaction score
DSC00072.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

DSC00075.jpg

DSC00076.jpg

DSC00077.jpg

DSC00119.jpg

DSC00116.jpg

DSC00111.jpg

DSC00106.jpg

DSC00105.jpg

DSC00103.jpg

DSC00101.jpg

DSC00096.jpg

DSC00095.jpg

DSC00091.jpg

Big thanks to my Friend Mario for taking all of the pics.

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
nice new whip man, but why did you sell, you were making some head way on the srt4

OP
OP
S

Srt-4 Turbo 7

Reaction score
Thanks alot man. Yeah the SRT-4 was moving very well, 315fwhp and 375fwtq on 93 piss pump gas, but traction was such a B**CH! Coming out of a corner I had to keep playing with the throttle to keep the front tires from spinning. I had 235/40/18's on there with Nitto 555 tires and Tein Coilovers and 2nd gear was absolutely useless, not to mention 1st gear.

I got so pissed off I said hell with it. I went for fun to drive and EVO IX, and that was all she wrote. The handling, brembo brakes, Recaro seats, AWD, it was the car for me. It has 1,600 miles and so far I added a Buschar Racing 02 housing and a 3inch turboback exhaust system, along with a K&N drop in filter.

My buddy's SRT in the pictures with the "Bling" wheels has the following:
Injen Short Ram Intake
Mopar Stage 1
Mopar Short Throw Shufter
3inch turboback exhaust
AGP Waste Gate Actuator running 17psi spike down to 15psi at redline
Upp Pipe with HKS SSQV and AGP Block Off Plate

We raced from a 40mph roll when I was BONE STOCK down to the paper air fliter and I beat him all the way up to the end of 4th gear, which is around 120mph and when I shifted into 5th he started to pull on me. By 150mph he had 1 car on me. Now with just a drop in filter and a 3inch turboback he will not catch me with the mods he has. We are going to race friday to see what happens.

Thanks for the compliment :)

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Re: Sold the SRT-4, bought an 06 EVO IX and snapped a few pics with some old fri

You had the blue SRT-4 right?

And if I got an import it would probably be an evo or a 240sx. Nice!

OP
OP
S

Srt-4 Turbo 7

Reaction score
Re: Sold the SRT-4, bought an 06 EVO IX and snapped a few pics with some old fri

Red96GT said:
You had the blue SRT-4 right?

And if I got an import it would probably be an evo or a 240sx. Nice!

Yeah that was me, I had the Blue SRT. The last pics that I posted of it on this board were old, I did some more things to it before I sold it.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score

I don't know much about turbos let alone Evos. It is a single turbo located underneath the car in the exhaust with a front mount intercooler right? And I didn't know they were AWD so it is very comparable to an STi?

OP
OP
S

Srt-4 Turbo 7

Reaction score

Red96GT said:
I don't know much about turbos let alone Evos. It is a single turbo located underneath the car in the exhaust with a front mount intercooler right? And I didn't know they were AWD so it is very comparable to an STi?

It is a single turbo

The turbo is in the front of the engine (by front I mean by the front bumper), which makes it failry easy to get to.

Yes it has a FMIC

It is AWD and it's main competitor is the STI.

Both are great cars. STI has a nicer interior, the EVO comes with wider tires, faster on the track, responds better to modifications. The EVO is a 2.0 turbo and the STI is a 2.4 turbo.

The argument has been beaten to death, you have to drive both to see which one you presonally like better. For me it was the EVO.

I have really nothing bad to say about the STI, I drove it and drove it hard. The MAIN decision in my purchase was that I got my EVO for $30,200 brand new out the door while the STI was $36,000 out the door. I was looking at the STI limited, link to features here: http://www.subaru.com/sub/misc/2007/sti/index.html

Here is what it looks like:

2060418.005.1L.jpg

I have never regretted my purchase once. The EVO puts a smile on my face everytime I drive it!

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score

I don't know how they drive, but the evo definately has the edge looks wise.

OP
OP
S

Srt-4 Turbo 7

Reaction score

Red96GT said:
I don't know how they drive, but the evo definately has the edge looks wise.

I thought so too, thankyou O0

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
nice car. I like the looks of the sti more than the evo, but they both look much better than the srt 4 thats for sure

Stangla2

Reaction score
Nice evo..... I have a wrx with all the goodies as follows

New adjustable Struts - KYB AGX
Progress springs
MRT Endlinks
Cusco - Front and Rear sway bars, Front Strut tower Brace
STi rear strut tower brace

Exhaust - Greddy EVO 2 stainless steel cat back and APS Stainless steel down pipe and uppipe

STi short shifter
Momo shifter knob

Autometer carbonfiber EGT and Boost gauges

STi Brembo brakes with Hawk HPS pads and Goodridge lines

Love it but to much attention....

Stangla2

Reaction score
Stangla2 said:
Nice evo..... I have a wrx with all the goodies as follows

New adjustable Struts - KYB AGX
Progress springs
MRT Endlinks
Cusco - Front and Rear sway bars, Front Strut tower Brace
STi rear strut tower brace

Exhaust - Greddy EVO 2 stainless steel cat back and APS Stainless steel down pipe and uppipe

STi short shifter
Momo shifter knob

Autometer carbonfiber EGT and Boost gauges

STi Brembo brakes with Hawk HPS pads and Goodridge lines

Love it but to much attention....

Oh I all so have the computer reflashed with 16.5 psi of boost puting down stock sti numbers

OP
OP
S

Srt-4 Turbo 7

Reaction score
Oh I all so have the computer reflashed with 16.5 psi of boost puting down stock sti numbers
[/quote]

Impressive, good job!!!

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score

Let's see some pics stangla! O0

S

scarface

nice trade up man... thats a sweet pic with 2 ACR's :) Be prepaired to be shuned by srtforums...they did that to me when I went from my srt to my Sti.

OP
OP
S

Srt-4 Turbo 7

Reaction score
scarface said:
nice trade up man... thats a sweet pic with 2 ACR's :) Be prepaired to be shuned by srtforums...they did that to me when I went from my srt to my Sti.

Thanks man.

I posted on the SRT forums and the majority of the people said nice trade up. Only a few haters said why an EVO, so my response was drive your neon to a Mitsubishi or Subaru dealership, test drive the EVO or STI and you will have your answer.

S

scarface

Srt-4 Turbo 7 said:
scarface said:

Thanks man.

I posted on the SRT forums and the majority of the people said nice trade up. Only a few haters said why an EVO, so my response was drive your neon to a Mitsubishi or Subaru dealership, test drive the EVO or STI and you will have your answer.
thats exactly what happened to me :) I got my sti for 21k w/ 12k on the clock in 04, thats why I went suby over the evo...but evo would have been my car of choice.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I still think that EVOs are Ugly and SRT4's are FUGLY...But thats because i REALLY hate evo interiors and the Horrible turbo lag the new evo has.

....Dump the Evo and ditch the wing and it would look pretty cool...evo wings kill the car

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.