Solid Steering Rod?

NYC94GT

Reaction score
Anyone swap out the factory steering rod (between the power rack and sterring wheel shaft)? If so how does the car feel? Is the steering wheel pulled hard whenever you run over rough pavement? Vibrate??

Thanks! :thumb:

ryclef331

Reaction score
The only thing it would do really is give you a more solid feel with the tires. The stock shaft flexes....a new one won't. HOWEVER, a new steering shaft will NOT cure bump steer issues or vibrations.

OP
OP
N

NYC94GT

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
The only thing it would do really is give you a more solid feel with the tires. The stock shaft flexes....a new one won't. HOWEVER, a new steering shaft will NOT cure bump steer issues or vibrations.
I already have the bumpsteer setup on the tierods, what my concern is how the steering will "feel". Is it going to make it feel like a truck? Or cause more vibration?

Thanks, :dunno:

ryclef331

Reaction score
it will feel alot better. Your wheel will feel more connected to the car....not like its pulling on rubber bands connected to the wheels.

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
I have a solid steering shaft in mine. The steering is much more crisp. If you auto x or take your car out to the road course I would recommend one.

OP
OP
N

NYC94GT

Reaction score
95CALI-5.0 said:
I have a solid steering shaft in mine. The steering is much more crisp. If you auto x or take your car out to the road course I would recommend one.
How is it on the street? Is it harsh? I guess I shouldn't care because I am running a full Griggs setup... :dunno:

ryclef331

Reaction score
EVERYTHING will be improved! The vibrations you feel in the wheel are a direct result of a tire or wheel being out of balance....not b/c of a solid shaft. Your stock one is hollow and flexes....alot!

OP
OP
N

NYC94GT

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
EVERYTHING will be improved! The vibrations you feel in the wheel are a direct result of a tire or wheel being out of balance....not b/c of a solid shaft. Your stock one is hollow and flexes....alot!
Great, Thanks! :thumb:

95-stang

Reaction score
Any particular good or bad ones out there?
Looking to change mine in the near future.

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
It's not harsh at all in the street. And I have a flaming river shaft.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online

No members online now.