Some drastic body changes coming

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Well I dropped the car off at my buddy's shop today. I'm having a cobra front bumper installed and painted with smoked fogs with a new header panel, some minor touch ups done, and I'm pulling the trigger on painting the roof and pillars black. I'll be sure to post up some pics as soon as I get it back, probably about a week. I'm hoping the black roof/pillars go well with my hood/wheel and the red/black theme I have going on.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I would've left the roof rail and just painted the roof black but I'm still looking forward to seeing how it comes out. Why the new header panel?

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like it's gonna come back looking great. Can't wait to see it Mike!

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
I would've left the roof rail and just painted the roof black but I'm still looking forward to seeing how it comes out. Why the new header panel?

I'm having the painter do the roof only first and send me pics to see if I like that before doing the rails, but from all that I've seen I'm not a big fan of roof only so I'll more than likely end up doing pillars too. When I first bought the car a good 8 something years ago my p/s corner of the panel has a crack in it where the headlights mount making it a little difficult to line up the passenger headlight as I would like, so hopefully this solves that problem too.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Had the body shop manager send me a picture with just the roof done to see if I liked that before doing the pillars, and here's what she looked like:

For some reason I wasn't a fan of that, so he quick did a photoshop to show me what it would look like if they did pillars. I like this look WAY better and gave him the okay to do the pillars and we are also doing the mirrors gloss black to match. Heres the rough photoshop:

Hoping to have the cobra front bumper on and painted by tomorrow/monday as well. I'll keep posting with more pics.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks! I really hope so, hoping the cobra front with smoked fogs pulls it all together

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Talked to the manager yesterday and hoping to have done tomorrow. I'm swinging over on my lunch break today to take a look on the progress and for some pics so I'll be sure to post up!

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Looks great man, I like the black painted roof/pillars with the hood. The cobra front bumper will look fantastic.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Dang, nice choice that looks really good! Love your car.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Appreciate the nice words. Sorry but I didn't get any pics today. The car is in reassembly and I should be picking it up tomorrow so I'll be sure to post up some pics as soon as I get it back.

Rallim

Reaction score
Saw "paint the pillars" and thought it was a little funny, the photoshop looks pretty sick though.

OP
OP
97stanger

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
Saw "paint the pillars" and thought it was a little funny, the photoshop looks pretty sick though.

It honestly looks even better in person.

I actually never knew that the pillars were moldings that come off pretty easily until just recently, I always thought it was part of the unibody.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Oh man that's going to look wicked ... Can't wait to see it all wrapped up .

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Looks insane just in the chop!! I wish mine was red or something so I could do this, wahhh lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.