Some issues I need advice on...

bensminger2003

Reaction score
Hi Everyone! Just acquired a 94 Mustang 5-speed with the 3.8 v6 a couple of months ago and am experiencing a couple issues that I would like some advice on. Hopefully, someone can help me!!

The first issue I have noticed is that when it is cold out, my heat sucks. It gets a little above lukewarm and no warmer unless I have the selector on "MAX A/C", which puts the system into "recirc" mode. When I do this, the heat will literally roast you out of the car. I have put in a new thermostat and gauge temp switch. The gauge usually hangs out on the "o" during normal driving. I hooked my OBD-2 scan tool up to the car and the temp is steady from the high 180s to low 190s when going down the road. When idling, the gauge will go a touch past halfway and then the fan kicks on and cools the car down, as normal. Could this be a restricted heater core issue? Get the whole system flushed? I checked for a blown head gasket, but my oil and coolant aren't mixing, no white smoke from the exhaust, no overheating at all, and the car runs great. ANY advice on this would be appreciated!!

The second issue I have is my A/C doesn't work and my coolant fan does not come on when I turn the A/C on. The coolant fan does work to cool the engine. Checked the Freon and the system has enough in it to kick the compressor on at least. Could this be the common "CCRM" issue? If so, where is this box at? I have read that its by the radiator and in the pass side fender well. Which place would it be?

Thank you for reading this and hopefully pointing me in the right direction!!

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know much about HVAC, so I may not be the best to answer these questions.

However, have you tried putting heat on just "vent" and seeing what happens?

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
You could have a cooler thermostat or not one in there. . I would put a 180 or stock temp back on. . I had to flush a heater core before. .I just put the water house on one end let it come out the other. It made a huge difference. .

Enviado usando mi SHP-L710 usando TapaTalk

OP
OP
B

bensminger2003

Reaction score
Yes ive put the heat on just vent - that is wnen my heat sucks. As to the thermostat, i put a brand new stant 195 degree one into it back when i first got the car. Ill try the heater core flush and see what that does to help. Any insights as to why my fan doesnt come on with my ac but does work to cool the engine when needed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online