Somebody PLEASE help I.D a few of these connectors

waltnono

Reaction score
Ok, I've got all my part 4 my 4V swap. The wire harness that I have is from a 97GT, some of these plugs on the harness I can I.D but most of them I have no idea. The car started out as a v6 so I can't reference a 2V motor for these plug. So some body please look at these pic and fill me in. I tried to label the pics as best I could show'n the plugs I know and the other I don't know.
harness44.jpg

harness11.jpg

harness22.jpg

harness33.jpg

So the list of engine connector I gather so far are, outside of the things I already I.D
Idle air control valve
engine coolant temp sensor
intake air tem sensor
throttle pos. sensor
What else is there and can some one I.D these or I guess I could just go to the store and buy them ;D

98vortech

Reaction score
in pic 1 number 2a boes to the top of the fuel rail bolt near the egr and 3a goes to the egr..

OP
OP
waltnono

waltnono

Reaction score
Alright on Pic2, I know that one of these are a coolant sensor. Either plug 2 or 3, but I would assume that it would be plug 3 because on the manifold the coolant sensor is closer to the coil pack. Also the coolant sensor that I have will plug into both connector 2 and 3. So if my logic is correct and the coolant sensor is connector 3 then what is connector 2? I know somebody on here is doing some work under the hood, just a little :help2:
The repair manual I have at home help be out a bit but need just this last bit of info :thumb:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
sorry wish i could help. i have my whole motor pretty much tore apart but its a 5.0 :dunno:

Thomas_W

Reaction score
pic #1

1A = DPFE sensor for EGR
2A = Ground plug that slides onto the rear fuel rail mounting stud
3A = EGR vacuum actuation solenoid.

Pic 2

1?? = a Fuel injector connector
the 3rd connector down is for your TPS, not the fuel injector
2?? = IAC motor
3?? = computer Temp sensor

Pic 3

1B = Coolant Degas Bottle level connector
2B = Power harness, connects to the other connector under the Fuse box
3B = Ground Harness, connects to the other connector under the fuse box, this connector also has ground wires running to Neg. side of battery
6B = Coolant Temp sensor connector for the Gauge cluster

There ya go.. thats absolutely every one of those connectors. And if you doing a 4v swap, that harness wont work for you. you need a 4v harness b/c the lengths are completely different between the 2 harness' unless you cut extend and splice new extensions in. And the Alternator plugs are different too.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
Dalamar said:
Thomas delivers :boink:

Well.. when you've replaced about 20 4.6 motors in mustangs alone, you start to remember what all of those connectors are :rollinglaugh:

OP
OP
waltnono

waltnono

Reaction score
Thomas_W said:
pic #1

1A = DPFE sensor for EGR
2A = Ground plug that slides onto the rear fuel rail mounting stud
3A = EGR vacuum actuation solenoid.

Pic 2

1?? = a Fuel injector connector
the 3rd connector down is for your TPS, not the fuel injector
2?? = IAC motor
3?? = computer Temp sensor

Pic 3

1B = Coolant Degas Bottle level connector
2B = Power harness, connects to the other connector under the Fuse box
3B = Ground Harness, connects to the other connector under the fuse box, this connector also has ground wires running to Neg. side of battery
6B = Coolant Temp sensor connector for the Gauge cluster

There ya go.. thats absolutely every one of those connectors. And if you doing a 4v swap, that harness wont work for you. you need a 4v harness b/c the lengths are completely different between the 2 harness' unless you cut extend and splice new extensions in. And the Alternator plugs are different too.

I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy. Thanks, I'm at the library right now digg'n through these manuals but thanks a million buddy. :dancing6: I know about extending that harness to make it fit and I'm getting a sct tune next week.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online