SOmeone help me with this dang Speedcal EXT....

S

scarface

I bought the speedcal EXT for my 97 gt with a 99+ t45 swap. The instructions were missing a page.

How do I put in the code for my setup? I opened it up and saw a bunch of switches on top and bottom.

Top one was 1-7 . Bottom one went to 10 I think?

Is up=1 or up= 0 ?

Thanks-David

jpajkos

Reaction score
Goto Dallasmustang.com Click on the feature for the SpeedCal. Your going to have to put in your stock gear ratio with your current tire size in the rear and also what gear ratio you will have currently. It will give you a code to push the little pin buttons either up or down. The first set 1-7 you never really touch. The one with I think there's about 1-10 those are the ones you set the code with. It will calculate a code for you for example looking like this 10000100101 The one means you push the little pin up to turn it on. The 0 means you leave it off. This should correct your speedo. If you you will have to call Dallas and what I did was DropTop told me to do. My girl friend were side to side on the highway. When she hit 10 miles on her trip meter she honked. She read 10 miles I read 14 miles. I called and talked with Dallas and they gave me a code and I have had no problem since. The red light should only come on btw when the car is in motion.

OP
OP
S

scarface

GReat man.Thanks....NOW I have another problem. I tried to use the calculator to get the proper code with my tire size, but it is asking for speedo gear teeth. Mine has no speedo gear, it is a 99 tranny. They use an electronic speed sensor? Any idea what value to put in there?

jpajkos

Reaction score
Just leave it. I never put anything. Just what it said.

OP
OP
S

scarface

ok cool. Ill try it.... guess worst case senerio, Ill call DM.

jpajkos

Reaction score
Yeah get a buddy of yours to be side by side on you on the highway. This is the most effective information to give Dallasmustang when you call them. Just make sure your buddies car has no issues with gears, etc. I went through like 12 codes and finally just did what DropTop told me to do and called them with that info. The code they gave me worked perfect after that.

OP
OP
S

scarface

they just need to know exactly how much it is off after I put their program code in? Right now without the speedcal, it says i am doing 150 mph @ 25 mph...lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online

No members online now.