someone school me on Aftermarket axels.....

S

scarface

I want to upgrade my axels on my 97 gt....I dont know what the hell I need to look for? 28/31 spline..Cclip/Cclip eliminators???

HELP? ???

ScottEvil

Reaction score
what i plan on doing is getting a 31 spline carrier from an explorer/f150 and some 94-98 31 spline axles and be done with it. No need for an expensive aftermarket posi unit when ford makes a great unti

OP
OP
S

scarface

I dont want to have the whole rear setup again..I just want to replace the axels. My stock Rear was completely rebuilt 100 miles ago.

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Then get some Moser 28 spline axles, they aren't unbreakable but they are alot stronger than stock.

Rantheman

Reaction score
if I am not to late I would say buy a nice set of alloy 28 spline axles. do you have abs on the rear if so you will need to get the abs gear off and the studs off. or buy new from SHM and be done. I have mosers in my car and they do fine. if you need help let me know!

OP
OP
S

scarface

Ran, I dont have abs. I havent bought yet, probably next week. Can you give me a link? I need to get some 3 inch studs with them also :)

Shawnsvtcobra

Reaction score
i HAVE MOSER 31 SPLINE ,BUT YOU CAN ORDER A BETTER STRONGER FACTORY AXLES FROM OTHER COMPANYS.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
FYI the stock axles are good to 550 TQ.

less if you'd doing super launches with slicks.

From what' I've heard swaping the axles is the way to go, but you have to get the inside part too, plus install, it's about 700 bucks last time I checked.

OP
OP
S

scarface

Shawnsvtcobra said:
i HAVE MOSER 31 SPLINE ,BUT YOU CAN ORDER A BETTER STRONGER FACTORY AXLES FROM OTHER COMPANYS.
Explain please?

Dalamar said:
FYI the stock axles are good to 550 TQ.

less if you'd doing super launches with slicks.

From what' I've heard swaping the axles is the way to go, but you have to get the inside part too, plus install, it's about 700 bucks last time I checked.
I just bought Tads Welds and Hoosiers...lol What inside parts do it I need? I just had everything in there replaced?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
well the axles are 31 spine, you need the yoke part inside that accepts 31 splines, cant remember the name.

sorry, I suck.

OP
OP
S

scarface

Wait...What? I thought I had 28 splines? Thats why I was going to go with 28 spline axels?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
is that what the stockers are?
then I guess not, if your staying the same spline.

I don't know much about the rear end stuff, haven't done mine yet.

Rantheman

Reaction score
yes stock is 28 spline do you want the link on axles or the link for the abs gear and the studs

OP
OP
S

scarface

I would like a link on the axels and studs...I dont have abs :)

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
First off what are you planning on doing with the car? If you don't put alot of meat behind the car and leave hard there is no reason to go anymore more than stock axles.

OP
OP
S

scarface

I have close to 400 RWHP, and I run 26x11.5x15 hoosier Quick time pros. The car only gets driven hard.

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
Oh hell.....fuck 28 spines, you best step up to the 31 splines or you will be walking. Get a good 31 spline carrier and some Strange or Moser 31 spline axles and be done with it.

OP
OP
S

scarface

I have been thinking about it....Not sure yet what I want to do.

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
If you drag race with bigs and littles, its either do it now or do it later. :dunno:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online