Someone want to tell me why this was in my radiator Resi...

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
my question is, when you take off the KB can the oil come out?

94twinscrew

Reaction score
no,oil can not come out of the blower unless you take one of the plugs out of the front cover....or the oil level stick. Other than that,the only other time that you could loose oil exterally,is if or when,it vents through the snout breater.....but you're not running high enough boost levels to worry about it. How old is the blower?

Hellion94

Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
So you are running w/o a thermostat now??

Yep. The only reason the thermostat is there is to bring the engine to a given temperature faster. That's what the temperature rating is on thermostats. If you have a 180, the thermostat stays closed until the engine reaches 180 degrees, at which point it opens to allow the flow of coolant and keeps the engine at or around 180 degrees.

My car was overheating, so instead of spending money just to buy another thing that closed off my cooling system, i flushed the system and took it out. Now when it's 90+ outside and i'm driving around, it runs nice and cool, like it should.

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Hellion94 said:
MeanGrn Gt said:
So you are running w/o a thermostat now??

Yep. The only reason the thermostat is there is to bring the engine to a given temperature faster. That's what the temperature rating is on thermostats. If you have a 180, the thermostat stays closed until the engine reaches 180 degrees, at which point it opens to allow the flow of coolant and keeps the engine at or around 180 degrees.

My car was overheating, so instead of spending money just to buy another thing that closed off my cooling system, i flushed the system and took it out. Now when it's 90+ outside and i'm driving around, it runs nice and cool, like it should.

My 87 rolla has no thermo, it kept overheating so we just took the thing out and wired in a switch for the fan.

As far as the green sludge, I had the junk in my overflow bottle as well, until I flushed the system multiple times.

94twinscrew

Reaction score
well with that type of age,i doubt that it's pushing past the front seals......did you ever change the oil before,or let someone else do it? Maybe they forgot to refill it. Either way, just keep an eye on it. I check mine atleast twice a month,and change it with each oil change.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
I know what a thermostat does i just never heard of anyone running w/o one. I guess as long as ya dont run in the winter you will be alright

94gtstang50

Reaction score
I run my s***box in vermont in the winter w/o a thermo, and thats in -40 degree weather, but then again, I wear full winter gear in the car and drive with the windows down so the windshield doesn't fog up and freeze b/c of condensation. I hate this state.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
94GtStAnG5o said:
I run my s***box in vermont in the winter w/o a thermo, and thats in -40 degree weather, but then again, I wear full winter gear in the car and drive with the windows down so the windshield doesn't fog up and freeze b/c of condensation. I hate this state.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: great living up north huh? ;D

94gtstang50

Reaction score
I honestly don't know how this state is part of the US. I just got back from applebees and they would serve me alcohol at 9:30pm, wtf. Everything closes real early too, not to mention my 96 is the only cobra for well over 100 miles in every direction.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
94GtStAnG5o said:
I honestly don't know how this state is part of the US. I just got back from applebees and they would serve me alcohol at 9:30pm, wtf. Everything closes real early too, not to mention my 96 is the only cobra for well over 100 miles in every direction.

hmmm wonder why places close early up there compared to other areas of the States? Consider yourself lucky to have the monopoly on the Cobra for a good 100 mile radius :khobra:

I sure would like to have some of the snow you guys get up there :-[ we never get any down here :mad:

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Take it all please, although it is fun drifting the rolla and legacy in the winter.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I know you guys are sick of seeing it and the people down south are sick because we NEVER get to see it. ( well not here at the beach in NC anyway)

I think we hijacked 95KBGT's thread by the way ::)

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Yes we did, btw I am moving as far south as I can when I get out of here.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
so when you gonna be moving? the bad thing about being down here is the late summer and fall tropical storm season. Like this damn ernesto thats comeing right now :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Snow can be pretty fun. Going out in the old 4 wheel drive blowing through drifts as high as the hood our higher while hauling ass... now thats fun :banana: . And its easy to get out of if ya dont make it just need a shovel (and warm clothes). There are many good times in the snow!!

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
:lol: :lol:..........................YOU SUCK :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: I want to do that :'(

Make a roadtrip this winter??? It is not a good idea to do this on the way to school though... especially when you get stuck. :hammer: Man those were the good ol days (no i wasnt driving). One time when deer hunting (snow was fairly deep) my dad was driving my old ford and we got back to the house and popped open the hood and you couldnt see the motor hardly as it was packed full of snow. I made him clean it up since he did it though :laugh: He didnt mind as he had too much fun reliving his ol glory days in the pickup.

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
WTF PAUL!

HOW ARE WE GOING TO GET THE LADIES OVER NEXT TO OUR CARS DURING THE WINTER CAR SHOWS NOW!?!??!

YOUR CAR WONT BE BLAZING HOT WHEN YOU OPEN UP THE HOOD NOW!

you dissappoint me... :nonono: :nonono: :nonono:

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
LMAO I had a total of 8 races comming home from rice killers meet. 4 against a big turbo 240 sx. (if i had traction he would have been dead, one of the races i started behind him, so i was allready down a car and a half, and the ****** shuts down at 120 when i start to pass him) and i had 4 races with my buddies srt-4. the best part was after those races, i saw full boost thru all of them and i was able to roll up the windows and turn on the a/c and my engine temp was at N. im so exicted. :bunny3:

PS: sorry about earlier, i was tripping balls after i got done painting mean green's tails and i was pissed cause i was not all there and made my forumla to thin so i wasnt in the best mood.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online