something is screwed up

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by phil_the_thrill, May 30, 2007.

1. phil_the_thrill

phil_the_thrill Active Member

i was turning around in a parking lot tonight and was going down a hill when i went over a water main type deal. the lid of it was half cocked and when i went over it, it drug on the bottom of my car pretty bad. i stopped to make sure that it didnt knock a hole in my oil pan which it didnt. got under there with a flashlight and seen that it smashed one side of my h pipe but that was all i could see. now when i take off from a stop i can feel the driveline vibrate and chatter. it does it in second gear and a little in third and is less noticeable in the rest of the gears. what else could be fucked up that would make it chatter and vibrate? i jacked it up when i got home and nothing else looked banged up besides the h pipe. what else could it be???

2. MeanGrn Gt

MeanGrn Gt Well-Known Member

makes sure the exhaust isnt touching or rubbing on something underneath the car. does it do it when you are sitting and rev it or only when driving

3. phil_the_thrill

phil_the_thrill Active Member

it didnt really do it this morning. do you think the exhaust could have been touching the body or something and vibrating when i took off? i just cant imagine what could have gotten screwed up in the driveline. either way im going to have to do some cutting and welding on my h pipe. the note is all thrown off.