Sons 89 F250 2wd project

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
A roll of paper towels and a bottle of rubbing alcohol, we finally got the deck and head surfaces clean. Then got the heads torqued down.

20220906_224701.jpg

My oldest is sure learning alot. When i explained the torque process and that the final torque was 100ftlb, he thought the bolts would break. Having never ever torqued a bolt in is life, he was legitimately worried about the bolts giving out and hurting himself or something like that. He be one of them that fears the worst in everything....he learning tho.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
A roll of paper towels and a bottle of rubbing alcohol, we finally got the deck and head surfaces clean. Then got the heads torqued down.

View attachment 19974

My oldest is sure learning alot. When i explained the torque process and that the final torque was 100ftlb, he thought the bolts would break. Having never ever torqued a bolt in is life, he was legitimately worried about the bolts giving out and hurting himself or something like that. He be one of them that fears the worst in everything....he learning tho.

One broken bolt away from a six hour ordeal lol

OP
OP
96blak54

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Eh, the boy is green. He learning tho. I feel like his initiative is a little late start compared to where i was at his age, but at least he trying.

d.garza18

Reaction score
Eh, the boy is green. He learning tho. I feel like his initiative is a little late start compared to where i was at his age, but at least he trying.
He’ll get there in time. Hands on is how he’s going to learn fast. I started cars 6 years or so ago. I’m 24 now, and I still feel like a rookie at times..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online