Sound Clips

97blackgt

Reaction score
Does anyone have any sound clips of thier exhaust systems with a Mac Offroad X pipe and any kind of muffler besides stock? Just wondering cause i have A mac x with flowmasters and it sounds pretty bad when accelerating..sounds decent idling and low speed driving so ive been looking to invest in a littlier quieter and less radical muffler.Any suggestions?

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
anything should sound good compared to the stock mufflers with an aftermarket midpipe. .But get flowmasters because i heard this exact setup (flows and mac x on a 96-98 GT);] and it sounds kick ass.

Foster98GT

Reaction score
97blackgt said:
Does anyone have any sound clips of thier exhaust systems with a Mac Offroad X pipe and any kind of muffler besides stock? Just wondering cause i have A mac x with flowmasters and it sounds pretty bad when accelerating..sounds decent idling and low speed driving so ive been looking to invest in a littlier quieter and less radical muffler.Any suggestions?

Thats Funny, I have the Mac Catback with a Mac O\R H-pipe and i dont like the way it sounds. If i dont pass emissions i was looking a getting a Mac or some kind of Catted X-pipe....Do you have a sound clip i can hear?

OP
OP

97blackgt

Reaction score
i dont like the raspy straight pipe sound of flowmaster mufflers..thats why i was thinking about getting a muffler with some kind of packing. I was actually thiking dynomax or maybe mac. Not a good idea though?

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
97blackgt said:
i dont like the raspy straight pipe sound of flowmaster mufflers..thats why i was thinking about getting a muffler with some kind of packing. I was actually thiking dynomax or maybe mac. Not a good idea though?

Well, i think most mufflers are going to have the added rasp to it with a x pipe. I may be wrong, but thats what i think. MAC's are similar to flowmasters because they are chambered and im running a catted h and still have ALOT of rasp.

OP
OP

97blackgt

Reaction score
Looks like ill have to put the stock H pipe back on and throw away the X i guess. It sounds nice with the stock H and flowmasters but its just not loud enough

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online