sound system question

silverstang1996

Reaction score
alright well last night i was driving down the road and i switched to the next song on my CD and for some reason both my sub woofers just cut out. when i got home i checked all the connections but two (the end of the ground wire and the REM wire hooked up to the head unit) i didn't want to rip it apart cause it was done professionally but i did disconnect/hook back up the wires i could and still they are not working, any ideas on what may be wrong?
thanks

S

scarface

DIdnt you already post this somewhere else? :dunno:

*Check the fuse under the hood.
*Check you ground wire on both ends to make sure it is still connected.
*Check a fuse on the amp
*Check the fuse on the back of the head unit.

Report back and we will get the the bottom of this. :banana:

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
yeah, probably a blown fuse on your amp. or your amp got to hot and shut off. mine used to do both of those.

ck5.0

Reaction score
SilverStang did you figure it out. First thought is to check the fuse on the power wire. Next the ground wire and then the remote.

mrdeep2001

Reaction score
Is the amp on? If you are getting power to the amp, you can use a jumper wire to jump power from the power terminal on the amp to the remote line which comes from the headunit. If it starts to work after that, then you have a problem with the remote turn on from the headunit, the wire probably got broken/disconnected.

98FORDMUSTANGGT

Reaction score
is the amp going into protect mode? and dose your deck have sub outputs and if so are they up or down

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online