Source for stock spec IRS rear springs

KVacek

Reaction score
99 Cobra convertible. Had a broken front spring a few years ago and finally found Moog had stock springs for the specific car. Now, while doing a rear axle bearing I noticed a few inches broken off one of the rears.

I know this is not cool, but I'm old and drive this car all year on real streets, sometimes having to get over speed bumps. I cannot lower it. I also see a few mentions of guys going back to stock height springs.

BUT - who sells stock height rear IRS convertible springs? I can't find anybody at all.

BTW - Many mentions here of Full Tilt Boogie Racing. Just lost a rear wheel bearing and wound up sending the knuckle to them to press in their bearing and hub. Friendly, fast, and high quality service. Highly recommended.

r3dn3ck

Reaction score
You can have my rear IRS springs (or front and rear both) for the cost of shipping before too long. The car seems a bit lower than my 01 or 02 or 03 GT's were out of the box but I don't think they're aftermarket springs as there's still a pretty substantial fender-tire gap. It rides pretty soft upside anything like FRPP B or C springs or Steeda lowering springs. I'm about to put coil-overs all the way around so the springs will be either in the garbage or made into a gift for another stanger.

img_6294.jpg

OP
OP
K

KVacek

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer. The day after I posted this I got an email offering a set of rears from a convertible - just what I have. I bought them. Now I'm not that excited about installing them till it warms up a bit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online