Southern California Mustang Meets

sluggish94

Reaction score
What's up friends! I'm based out of Ventura County myself but I often times drive out to the Los Feliz/Culver City/Long Beach/Orange County area to cruise with a bunch of other Mustang enthusiasts. I'll be posting the meets that go down on this thread. Hope to see you guys!

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’m there! But not until probably 12:30ish (work).
MoMustangs? Jakespeeds? Anyone else?

It’s a beautiful locale, iconic. And there’s almost always tons of other nice cars cruising PCH in ‘Bu. I’ve seen car clubs of super cars roll through. $20-30 million in Lambo’s, Ferrari’s, AC Cobras, Porsche’s, Maserati’s, Bugatti’s rollin by. Pretty awesome! But enough about them.... Let’s REPRESENT!!!

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I won’t have my car back in time for the meet. Crap! I really wanted to go,see all the Mustang’s and meet everyone.

OP
OP
sluggish94

sluggish94

Reaction score
I made a little vlog of Sunday's meet if anyone wants to check out some of the Mustang's from out here in the Southern California area.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
looks like a good time, I wish the mustang crowd here was cooler. There are 3 different mustang clubs in this little town and each one started as an offshoot of one of the clubs as people were not happy with the club and wanted to do their own thing. Its like high school I kid you not. If your in one group and you happen to be on the side of town that the other group is doing a show/cruise in a stop by there the people in that group would watch you as though you showed up in the camaro at a mustang meet but avoid you and not talk to you. Then later when you were back with your club, one of the drama people would come up and give you the third degree on why you were at their function, as if they were putting gas in your tank to tell you where to go... The copper state mustang club in az was cool when I was in phoenix.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I experienced similar bs in a previous car club and in two different motorcycle clubs. Pretty juvenile, as we’re all just trying to have fun, shoot the shit a little and “ooh-and-ahh” about our rides!

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Dang, lots of cool Stangs there. That battleship grey convertible looked like it took off exceptionally well! Hehehehe no slouch the yellow/black stripe/huge wing... FAST!

OP
OP
sluggish94

sluggish94

Reaction score
looks like a good time, I wish the mustang crowd here was cooler. There are 3 different mustang clubs in this little town and each one started as an offshoot of one of the clubs as people were not happy with the club and wanted to do their own thing. Its like high school I kid you not. If your in one group and you happen to be on the side of town that the other group is doing a show/cruise in a stop by there the people in that group would watch you as though you showed up in the camaro at a mustang meet but avoid you and not talk to you. Then later when you were back with your club, one of the drama people would come up and give you the third degree on why you were at their function, as if they were putting gas in your tank to tell you where to go... The copper state mustang club in az was cool when I was in phoenix.

I feel you on that one. A lot of Mustang guys out here dont really do the "car club" deal, its just homies and Stangs.

I find that if one puts themselves out there and approaches people first, most of the time the reception will be positive. I met a bunch of new people at this event.

Maybe the lack of cliques/groups allows for these types of encounters.

OP
OP
sluggish94

sluggish94

Reaction score
Dang, lots of cool Stangs there. That battleship grey convertible looked like it took off exceptionally well! Hehehehe no slouch the yellow/black stripe/huge wing... FAST!

I hope to see you and your Cobra at the next one dude.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I hope to see you and your Cobra at the next one dude.
Hope so, too, Great meeting and chatting with you today. Keep me posted on Fabulous Fords and the fate of my Cobra goodies!

OP
OP
sluggish94

sluggish94

Reaction score
If anyone from the Southern California area is interested, the West Coast's largest ALL FORD show is coming to Irwindale Speedway, June 13, 2021. I'll be there in person and hopefully with one of my cars.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If I can either get the day off or get off work early, I’ll try to be there. I’m normally scheduled to work until 11:45 and Irwindale is probably 2 hrs from where I live, so I’ll see.
How much is it to get in?

OP
OP
sluggish94

sluggish94

Reaction score
Fabulous Ford's Forever Adult admission will be $15. Kids 12 and under are free.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online