eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
I e-mailed Discount Tire and asked if they sold the spacers. This was my reply:
Hello Eli,
Thank you for your inquiry. unfortunately we do not sell or recommend
the use of wheel spacers. It's been our experience that they cause
vibrations and lug nuts to loosen up.

Is this true? I am at a loss now! A lot of you have them, right? I guess they can cause this, of course. I already ordered mine from American Muscle though! Let me know what to do though, please! Thanks!

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
ya those are hubcentric. hubcentric you bolt the spacers to the hub using the factory studs and then there are studs on the spacer to bolt the wheel to. non hubcentric use the studs from the hub to bolt on the spacer and wheel so the spacer is just sandwhiched between them with not a lot of thread to bolt the wheel onto. that is when you will have most of your problems.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
so will those work with pretty much any rim?...why does it say it wont work with stock rims?

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
i believe the problem with some stockers is the back of the wheel doesnt have enough clearance for the studs/nuts that bolt the spacer to the hub.

GDawg

Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
i believe the problem with some stockers is the back of the wheel doesnt have enough clearance for the studs/nuts that bolt the spacer to the hub.

That was the case with my stock wheels. I just grinded down the studs just a bit till they fit.

94darkhorse

Legend
Reaction score
Just take a wire brush to the hub before you mount them. Mine havent caused me a problem yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online