Spark plug and MSD question

BALZY_GT

Reaction score
What does everyone with a MSD or other high performance ignition system run for spark plugs? I'm thinking of going with autolite double platinum plugs, but i'm also curious of what to gap the plugs to. I've herd of people opening the gap quite a bit from the stock gap, but does it make a difference and is it a good idea?

97vertstang

Reaction score
for performance wise, use the autolite coppers. they dont last as long as the platinums but will respnd better. with a msd ignition run ur gap around .035 .

ryclef331

Reaction score
DO NOT RUN PLATINUMS. The best plug you can put in there is a Motorcraft or Autolite plug. Iridiums aren't bad but 80 bucks for set of plugs isn't my cup of tea. Ask what most people running any pro racing run....a $3 spark plug. PERIOD

2slo95fiveoh

Reaction score
Ditto on G_94_T. something about platinums in ford motors, espically the five-ohs doesn't agree with it like the local chinese resturaunt with my stomach..... haha :puke:

Nacho

Reaction score
i once used the splitfire plugs in my first stang, and it ran like total shit. autolite 25s are the way to go and gap them at stock .53 or lower. don't go higher.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online