spark plug question

godfearingman

Reaction score
Hi I think I read a post already about this already but this is my first V8 mustang and first 302 as well. I just recently bought the car last Saturday as fixer upper since I can't afford to buy a nice running and driving one. I've been noticing it hasn't been running 100% so I while checking the spark plugs on broke while I was putting it back in. I don't have enough money right now to buy the same plugs right now I was planning on getting these plugs since I work at Walmart and can use my discount with them just wondering if there any good for a stock motor? Thanks in advance
http://www.walmart.com/ip/16817210

JKady

Reaction score
Those are the exact plug that you should run, gap em to the tight side of the stock spec and enjoy.

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
Ok thanks just wanting to make sure didn't know if I'd need something more expensive like platinum, iridium etc I can do the spark plug change for all 8 around $11.44 with my discount which is REALLY NICE lol

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Our cars don't need all of the fancy overpriced plugs. They don't help and actually sometimes cause problems.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
ok thanks I had edit my post lol I can do a total spark plug change for about $11.44 with my discount at work which is really cheap to know I have brand new plugs.

JKady

Reaction score
Our cars don't need all of the fancy overpriced plugs. They don't help and actually sometimes cause problems.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

May not be everyone's result but I pulled the platinums the previous owner put in my car out and put 25's in and picked up 2mpg and my car quit running like ass.

OP
OP
G

godfearingman

Reaction score
Thanks guys I replaced them today now my battery is dead and my step dad isn't home to jump me off don't want to buy jumper cables for this one time right now or buy a battery if I don't need it until I can get the car running and driving right. Don't have the extra money right now to buy battery and jumper cables etc. But did notice that either the guy who sold me the car and or people who owned it before are IDIOT'S!! They had NGK Iridium plugs on the driver's side and one on the number one cylinder on the passenger side the other three were Autolite Double Platinum plugs and neither of the eight had been gapped properly and has been fouled out with carbon as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online