Spark plugs and no boat

OP
OP
Knightstallion
Reaction score
Yes i had the bank 1 valve cover off i had a tdc tool in cylinder one but i rotated the motor several times to watch the sequence based on a print out i had for my engine (pretty sure I verified it a couple of other sites too cause I'm paranoid like that) both valve's were closed the pin was up on the tool the harmonic balancer was at 0, then i stabbed the distributor to where it was on 1 pointing straight across the intake, i even had to take it back out to tighten the 2 lines that come across the top of bank one between the valve cover and the injectors (it took way more trys to get it the second time) is any of that wrong?

OP
OP
Knightstallion
Reaction score
Did you check the position of the rotor when you verified tdc on compression stroke?

Taking the spout out sets the base timing, with the spout in, the ecu controls timing advance. Take the spout out and try to start it. Then check it with the timing light. Set it 10° advance with spout out.
Oh and no, i can't, it won't crank, idk if it was you or not, but i thought I had found out that it was way out, i made an adjustment (yesterday) trying to fix it, and what i had done the day before, and when it didn't crank based off how i set it without seeing the valves. i determined last night i was gonna pull the cover to be sure. But apparently whatever i messed up was already done from yesterday and it wasn't apparent even from what I took apart

OP
OP
Knightstallion
Reaction score
How can you tell if a valve is bent or messed up, or if the chain or even a gear is messed up, because if i did any of these right since Friday, it's not keeping time, otherwise im doing something stupid

OP
OP
Knightstallion
Reaction score
Oh i just thought of something, do you think anyone would have a diagram of the sn95 ecu and what areas control what parts of the car, cause that could help give me an idea where to look for problems, because I just replaced mine and it had 2 burned capacitors, and another damaged area. but even after replacing it the car wasn't really running better

95opal

Reaction score
Oh and no, i can't, it won't crank, idk if it was you or not, but i thought I had found out that it was way out, i made an adjustment (yesterday) trying to fix it, and what i had done the day before, and when it didn't crank based off how i set it without seeing the valves. i determined last night i was gonna pull the cover to be sure. But apparently whatever i messed up was already done from yesterday and it wasn't apparent even from what I took apart
As warrior said when you stab the dizzy the rotor should be pointing to the #1 on the dizzy cap while you have it at TDC. Once that is set start the engine and hit it with your timing light.

OP
OP
Knightstallion
Reaction score
As warrior said when you stab the dizzy the rotor should be pointing to the #1 on the dizzy cap while you have it at TDC. Once that is set start the engine and hit it with your timing light.
It was pointed at 1 i also thought that the rotor and and 1 were supposed to be oriented in line with the intake holes, i can't find where i got that info, but it'll turn over but not crank

95opal

Reaction score
It was pointed at 1 i also thought that the rotor and and 1 were supposed to be oriented in line with the intake holes, i can't find where i got that info, but it'll turn over but not crank
Dont wory about the irintation of the dizzy in respect to the intake. TDC stab dizzy so the rotor piints tp #1 on the cap once the dizzy fully seats. Fire up the engine and hit it with timing light. If it doesnt fire advance the dizzy a tad until it firesm having a helper to turn the key as you twist the dizzy is a huge help. Dont over think this its very basic as long as you stab the dizzy correctly.

OP
OP
Knightstallion
Reaction score
Dont wory about the irintation of the dizzy in respect to the intake. TDC stab dizzy so the rotor piints tp #1 on the cap once the dizzy fully seats. Fire up the engine and hit it with timing light. If it doesnt fire advance the dizzy a tad until it firesm having a helper to turn the key as you twist the dizzy is a huge help. Dont over think this its very basic as long as you stab the dizzy correctly.
Ok I'll look it back over and try, my only helpers however are all women and the one least likely to kill me is the 6 year old

OP
OP
Knightstallion
Reaction score
Are you really sure about this I mean they grow up SO fast these days...
Well my wife could possibly kill me on purpose depending on the day and the last time i asked her if she was gonna do anything besides Netflix, my oldest daughter wants to be a mechanic and can tell you alot about an internal combustion engine, but when it comes to actual work her attention span is... not there, my lil me though, she's tough as nails and would listen and try, but getting any of them to locate something is like when you try to show a cat where a piece of food you gave them is, they're frantically searching all around it, and if you try to show them where it is they will fight you to get away from it so they can continue to search for it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online