Speed Calibrator

Ballistic

Reaction score
Got 4.10 gears the other month and need to get a Speed cal, and was wondering what everyone is using, is the ford racing one the most popular or what?

Thanks.

Mustanger

Reaction score
96 or newer? 94-95's can just change a gear in the tranny...about a 10 minute job & around $20...Speedcal from Ford Racing is a great way to go just more expensive

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
96 or newer? 94-95's can just change a gear in the tranny...about a 10 minute job & around $20...Speedcal from Ford Racing is a great way to go just more expensive

97 auto, Sucks that only 99 and up can do it with a tune.. Started thinking about it tranny gear would be a lot cheaper, does ford motorcraft make the tranny gears, dont want to get a cheap one and have the teeth break off, read that has happened to a few people. If they dont where would be a good place to order one, and how many teeth would i need?

lutter94

Reaction score
I love my Ford Racing SpeedCal. Worked well when I swapped from 3.27's to 3.73's. Then I swapped to a manual (99 V6 T5, electric pickup), had to dial it in, but it worked great for it. Not a bad install.....

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Mine is a Dallas Mustang Speedcal, no complaints. Not sure how the plastic gear would hold up with the 4.10s but might be worth a shot for the money.

If it doesn't last you could go the Speedcal route.

Mustanger

Reaction score
AM probably has them, CJPonyparts, Late model Restoration, Jegs, Summit all should have them...Depends on the gear ratio how accurate & long they last but they are cheap enough & easy to install. They have gear calculators on their sites or you can find them on the net...There also is a gear speedometer repair kit for the gear in our dash cluster don't remember the applicable years it works in but that is not what you need...Speed Cal is best of course

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
Thanks, ill find one and order the tranny gear, i have to get a bearing replaced so while the place is under the ill have them replace that too.

OP
OP
Ballistic

Ballistic

Reaction score
Was using http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/products/Mustang-Speedometer-Gear-Calculator

with my P225/55R16 tires it said i needed a 25.7 teeth and they dont make anything higher than 23, then below it says,

• Do not use a 23 tooth speedometer driven gear on a 1996-1998 Mustang GT or Cobra T45, AODE, or 4R70W. It will self destruct in a matter of feet.

The best way to correct the speedometer on a 1996-1998 Mustang is by using a Speed-Cal or the Ford Racing Speed Dial

Looks like speed cal it is lol..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online