Speedcal issue - Help Needed!

98svtcontour98

Reaction score
I had 4.30s installed last week and am trying to correct the speedometer and odometer...so i bought the following speedcal:

https://lmr.com/item/M4209ADPTAC/94-10-Mustang-Speed-Dial-Speedometer-Adjuster-M-4209AD

The mechanic installed it and put the 3 dials inside the box to 760 (based on this installation sheet - we used method 1 on page 8, which says to take the 3.27 divided by 4.30 which equals .760): http://latemodel.cachefly.net/downloads/instructions/M4209ADPTAC.pdf

The speedometer currently read like 80mph when the GPS says 20mph.

Any recommendations would be GREATLY appreciated.

joekd

Reaction score
Did you try setting it based on distance? (third option in the attached guide)

Just reset trip odometer, drove an exact 10 miles on GPS, take trip reading and do the calculation based on the percentage you get

OP
OP

98svtcontour98

Reaction score

Just reset trip odometer, drove an exact 10 miles on GPS, take trip reading and do the calculation based on the percentage you get

Nope...leaving to get the car in about 45 minutes...I'll try it out, thx

OP
OP

98svtcontour98

Reaction score

Nope...leaving to get the car in about 45 minutes...I'll try it out, thx

Ok so I've done the 3rd method of going 10 actual miles and then working the math from there.....didn't work, still about 10 or 20mph high (can't remember). Since then I've tried to manually just make changes until it "gets right", but that hasn't proved effective yet. I'm on a chat with Ford right now, but they don't really know what to do since the methods they gave in the install sheet haven't worked yet.

UGH

OP
OP

98svtcontour98

Reaction score
had another chat with Ford again and they said to disconnect the battery for 30 minutes, and then see what happens....so I did and my mph went to within 2 mph of the GPS! So i'm close...making a small adjustment again to see if i can get it right now

OP
OP

98svtcontour98

Reaction score
so after getting a new speedcal in from LMR, everything began to work correctly.

A week or so goes by and the speedometer and odometer go out, and the car begins to stall when coming to a stop with the car in neutral.

Here's what I've done so far to attempt to remedy the problem:

*Reset the speedcal by disconnecting the battery and setting the speedcal to 000.
*Replace the VSS Sensor and VSS Connector cables.

I'm not sure what else to do. Could it be possible that another spoeedcal went bad?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Staff online

Members online