Speedo doesn't work correctly

Black_Adder

Reaction score
So when my car was running ( not at the moment, engine out) my Speedo never read right, I changed the speedo sender sensor, and changed the worm gear on the speedo itself. Still doesnt work right. Any ideas?

07GtS197

Reaction score
Does it have a set of aftermarket rear end gears? Or is the speedo off a set number all the time? Eg. always off by 5mph.

OP
OP
B

Black_Adder

Reaction score
Ya, it has a set of 3.73 gears in the rearend. I can't remember what stock is supposed to be. And it's always off. Not a set amount

07GtS197

Reaction score
Thats why its off then, the gears. Youll have to get either a new speedo gear or a speedcal to correct for the gear change.

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
Ya, it has a set of 3.73 gears in the rearend. I can't remember what stock is supposed to be. And it's always off. Not a set amount
Speedo gear takes 2 mins time swap out once you can access it in the trans. I got my gear for 8 bucks off ebay. Works great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Black_Adder

Reaction score
Does the rear tire size matter too? I'm running 305's on the rear which are bigger than stock. What is the best way to determine the tooth count for the gear? I was gonna go a 23 count for the 3.73 gears but would that still work?

07GtS197

Reaction score
There are calculators on websites and I think LMR. And no the width of the rear tire will not affect anything but the sidewall height will.

OP
OP
B

Black_Adder

Reaction score
There are calculators on websites and I think LMR. And no the width of the rear tire will not affect anything but the sidewall height will.

Thanks that calculator helped and it verified the 23 tooth gear for me. I appreciate everyone's help on this!!