Speedo Gear?

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
Anybody have a spare speedo gear laying around that they might not want?

392-STE-17271-D
Manual 8-Tooth 4.10 Ratio / White 23 Speedo Gear $15.95

96 GT with 4.10s in it and a T-45!

Thanks!

96GTGREENVERT

Reaction score
I dont know alot but from reading a few other posts on this board the consenus seems to be the speedo gear change is not a good idea. Your speedo will still be off about 10mph. Everyone will probably suggest a Dallas Mustang speed cal or some other brand.

S

scarface

IVe got one, 5 bux and Ill get it in the mail tomorrow. LMK

Casper98gt

Reaction score
I have done my homework on the speedcal and it seems to be a much better idea. The white tooth ranges from 3.55's to 4.30's. So i mean that right there tells you something. I used the Ford IDS tool and a white tooth for my 3.73's and then blew by a speed thing and decided to go back around because i thought i was seeing stuff....Youre correct i am exactly 10mph's off. And i have tested it 3 times now. But the white tooth will get you by for now, just remember youre gonna be off slightly. For the price a new gear you cant go wrong.

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
Speedcal was the best purchase I made after changing gears. It was a such PITA dealing with all the local Ford dealers. No one wanted to be real helpful and the ones that did want to help wanted 40-50 bucks for the plastic gear. I figured a speedcal wasn't much more expensive. The install took me 15 minutes. Then setting the dip switches another 5 minutes and my speedo is within 1 or 2 miles per hour correct.

S

scarface

Speedcal is the BEST way to go, but he just asked if anyone had a gear forsale, so I said yes.

OP
OP
M

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
Well I do understand that the speed cal is the way to go! Thats what they wanted to do for me for a fee of 105 bucks, so I said I would just do the gear, and I was also under the impression it wouldnt work. But after reading about it shows that I can use one because all 94 and newer fords have an electronic speedometer just a manual gear to get to the speed meter or something like that! I think I am going to see if I can get my hands on a speed cal!!

OP
OP
M

MustangMatt96GT

Reaction score
Yeah and then I can use the 6% discount! And it looks like cake to install! Thanks Man!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online