Speedo not speeding

Grouper Trooper

Reaction score
OK, I pulled the speedo/instrument cluster out today but the gears (yes, I had already bought the replacement gears, of course) are all there and in good shape. Whats the second most common problem for speedo and trip not working?

Thanks!

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Might be the plastic gear on the end of the VSS (speed sensor). It's on the side of the trans.

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
The odometer gears have nothing to do with the speedo not working, its an electronic unit. Do you happen to be using the white 23 tooth VSS gear for a set of aftermarket gears? If you are the teeth are likely all eaten off.

OP
OP
G

Grouper Trooper

Reaction score
The odometer gears have nothing to do with the speedo not working, its an electronic unit. Do you happen to be using the white 23 tooth VSS gear for a set of aftermarket gears? If you are the teeth are likely all eaten off.

While I've ordered a set of 3.73 gears, right now its a completely stock 94GT Auto. So the problem is the sender at the trans?

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Well start with the little things. Could be a broken wire, could be the VSS, could be the VSS gear. Could be that the speedometer motor is shot. The good thing is you have a 94 so no PATS to worry about if you get a new cluster and swap it in.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online