speedway pics & video

94pacecar435

Reaction score
well, me and my friends headed out to the perris speedway friday night. its an 1/8 of a mile event that they have every friday night. we took my friends car out there to get some runs with his new c-4 tranny set-up(its the white lx) hope u enjoy the pics and videos. by the way, the red camaro on the video crashed, but i didnt get to film or see the damage. ENJOY!!!!
perrisspeedway007.jpg

perrisspeedway006.jpg

perrisspeedway005.jpg

perrisspeedway004.jpg

perrisspeedway002.jpg

TxCobrA98

Legend
Reaction score
nice pic man and awesome vids! thats a nice stang! thanks for sharing, rofl "lamborghini got smoked man"... tru tru. :thumb:

OP
OP

94pacecar435

Reaction score
yeah, those cars aint made for drag racing, but get it out on an open highway and its a whole different story. but for $200,000,
i rather get a house

97vertstang

Reaction score
where the hell are u gonna buy a house for 200k ??????? :gtfo: anyways , ill take a viper, z06 or a ford gt over a european sports car any day. BTW, that lx run a 7.90s and 7.80s all day long his best has been 7.60s. its stock too :naughty:

OP
OP

94pacecar435

Reaction score
anywhere besides socal, unless i go to san bernardino. yeah, he ran a 12.1 on the 1/4 mile all motor at california speedway with a 7.6 1/8 of a mile time

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
5.HOE said:
where the hell are u gonna buy a house for 200k ??????? :gtfo: anyways , ill take a viper, z06 or a ford gt over a european sports car any day. BTW, that lx run a 7.90s and 7.80s all day long his best has been 7.60s. its stock too :naughty:

that's what my 91GT did on average it was a very simple combo. Short block out of a 95GT / E303 cam / Edelbrock RPM heads / 1.6 ADJ rocker arms / Edelbrock RPM intake ( the original ) 70TB / C@&L 76 mass air / MAC long tubes - h pipe - dynomax exhaust / 4:10 gears......and the normal other things, pulleys electric fan and so on. Full weight car with a Z box trans and running on 275 BFG drag radials. It was one you had to see to believe, looked BRAND NEW from the paint to the interior. I miss that car :( See the Trans am in the right corner, thats a buddys car, it had full exhaust / intake / gears / and a B&M shifter and the best he could ever do is stay at my door coming out of 1st, after that it was a 3 or 4 car pull all the way to the top of 4th :bunny3: :bunny3: It normally ran low 8's I think a 8.20 was his best :-\

Here is a pic.....

91.jpg

and another beside my wife's old 01 V-6

91-2.jpg

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
5.HOE said:
holy crap, on the 2nd pic the car looks like brand new !!!!

Man I'm telling you I got UN-GODLY lucky when I picked that beauty up. I got it from a dealer in Goldsboro NC, it had been traded in by a older man ( yes I looked him up from the dealers records and went to see him ) He had owned it since he bought it NEW in the winter of 91, never put a thing on it other than a K&N air filter, and he kept it in his garage. He took extreme care of it, and it showed. Ill have to find my other pics of it, I have some of the interior / under the hood / and more of the exterior too.

Of course then I got the car, put a 3 inch cowl hood on it, a Saleen wing, clear Head lights, Welds.........and a complete diffrent motor, trans and on and on and on..... ;D ;D

oh yea that first pic came off my polorid camera :nonono:

97vertstang

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
5.HOE said:

Man I'm telling you I got UN-GODLY lucky when I picked that beauty up. I got it from a dealer in Goldsboro NC, it had been traded in by a older man ( yes I looked him up from the dealers records and went to see him ) He had owned it since he bought it NEW in the winter of 91, never put a thing on it other than a K&N air filter, and he kept it in his garage. He took extreme care of it, and it showed. Ill have to find my other pics of it, I have some of the interior / under the hood / and more of the exterior too.

Of course then I got the car, put a 3 inch cowl hood on it, a Saleen wing, clear Head lights, Welds.........and a complete diffrent motor, trans and on and on and on..... ;D ;D

how was the ride with that skinny of a tire up front?????

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
5.HOE said:
Snakebit said:
5.HOE said:

how was the ride with that skinny of a tire up front?????

they were the 15x3 1/2 rims and the tires were a 165 I think. The ride was fine you just cant take turns or corners at high speeds.

97vertstang

Reaction score
u gave me ideas, ur car looks sweet with those drag lites, the only thing im concerned is drivability, and breaking a rim on a pot hole.oh and if i were to put pro stars/drag lites i would have to make my car faster than what mine is , cause with those wheels everybody is gonna think it has 1000 hp ;D ur car looks sweet though, i cant stop staring at it !!!!!!!!

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
5.HOE said:
u gave me ideas, ur car looks sweet with those drag lites, the only thing im concerned is drivability, and breaking a rim on a pot hole.oh and if i were to put pro stars/drag lites i would have to make my car faster than what mine is , cause with those wheels everybody is gonna think it has 1000 hp ;D ur car looks sweet though, i cant stop staring at it !!!!!!!!

Im going to get up now and try to find some more pics of it, I ran those welds for about two years. Then about 6 months before I sold it I put CONVO PROS on it 8) they were tooooooo swwwweeeeeeetttt.

You do have to be more aware of whats in front of you when you run skinnies on your car, the welds have a habit of getting knocked out of shape, compared to the stronger convo's. I ran them on my car because of the advantages they provide, less weight / less rolling resistance......... and the fact that my car did run mid 7's in the eighth mile on Drag radials ( that I had on the car at all times ) was good enough for me to feel OK about having them on all the time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online