Spoiler install questions

pittshady

Reaction score
When I bought my 97 cobra, the previous owner had already removed the spoiler. Luckily I was able to find spoiler from a junkyard that was the same color, but It did not come with bolts.

Does anyone know what size these bolts are? Is the installation as simple as cranking the spoiler down with the new bolts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

joekd

Reaction score
Do you mean you are missing the nuts on the bottom or the whole studs are gone? In other words do you have threaded rods coming out of the spoiler legs?

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Some spoilers take bolts through the trunk to go into the holes, but those are an oddity.

What kind of wing? What kind of car?

PinkieT

Reaction score
OK, let's clarify. There should be threaded studs coming out of the base of the spoiler, two on each side. They go through the holes in the trunk lid and nuts are threaded on from underneath. Did you get a spoiler with holes in the base where the studs should be, or are you just asking what size nut goes on the studs?

OP
OP
P

pittshady

Reaction score
OK, let's clarify. There should be threaded studs coming out of the base of the spoiler, two on each side. They go through the holes in the trunk lid and nuts are threaded on from underneath. Did you get a spoiler with holes in the base where the studs should be, or are you just asking what size nut goes on the studs?

My apologies if I wasn't very clear. I'm just looking for the size of the nut because the stock spoiler I acquired from a junk yard didn't have them. I'm also curious if I need to use some type rubber grommets or anything as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
there is a rubber grommet between the spoiler/trunk lid. You could use a dab of silicon to keep water from leaking through as well.

take your spoiler to ace hardware and match up the nuts/bolts you need. I have carried darn near everything in that store to match nuts and bolts up they don't look at you strange

joekd

Reaction score
I have a 1996 spoiler in my garage I made into a shelf, I could take off a nut, go to store, match up threads and size but like he said above it would be way easier for you to just walk into any hardware store with the spoiler and match it up

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter