Sport seats

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Couple references to seat height changes. Is it better if the seat sets you lower? Higher? Or is it personal preference?

Lower seat usually means more room for helmet as well. I'm 6' and when I was autocrossing my 95 with 01 Cobra seats, I would be ever so slightly rubbing the headliner in a helmet. With Corbeau brackets/seat, I had a lot more clearance.

OP
OP
Daryl

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I’m clearly getting an education here. I wouldn’t have imagined all the complexities of changing out a seat! I was thinking: unbolt, remove, install, rebolt! And the one electrical wire of course.
Thanks everyone for all the info and insight.

joemomma

Reaction score
I went with seats from eBay. I think they were $300 delivered. I re-used my factory seat brackets. They aren't super nice by any means, but beat the heck out of the worn factory leather. I did end up with the extenders from LMR as the change in mounting holes on the new seats had me in the dash. I still need a second set for the passenger seat.

If I were to do it again, I'd probably save my pennies a bit longer and go with something nicer.

Tim300wsm

Reaction score
I need new seats and clearance for a helmet. I’m 6’3” so need the lowest seat possible. I would like to be able to slide the seat. Any recommendations for seat and track? Also are the seats from kegs any good? I’m looking for a good seat on a budget

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but it feels like the OEM power track can get lower than the OEM manual track on its lowest height. Only bad thing is the extra weight.

Tim300wsm

Reaction score
I could be wrong, but it feels like the OEM power track can get lower than the OEM manual track on its lowest height. Only bad thing is the extra weight.
My power track only goes forward right now. I need a new track

TrickVert

Reaction score
Nobody has mentioned looking at S197 or other factory seats which will have better lateral support than the 94/95 stockers and be OEM-ish. Any reason why?

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Nobody has mentioned looking at S197 or other factory seats which will have better lateral support than the 94/95 stockers and be OEM-ish. Any reason why?
Sounds like a matter of personal taste. For me anyways, those latest gen OEM Recaros are freaking crazy nice. But then they're on their own module with the OEM CANBUS/body harness. Can't take advantage of any of the seat's built in creature comforts because even the damn seat is a networked device in the car, lol.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score

The 05-09 seats work, to an extent. They’re comfortable but not the best in terms of holding you planted in the seat.

A0155650-F1F6-4087-8C72-103B8C028567.jpeg

Yours truly and @lwarrior1016 taming the beast. Found out during this time my throttle cable wasn’t secured enough and the car wasn’t going past half throttle. It still boogied though!

joemomma

Reaction score
Having had an '06GT, I can confirm that the factory S197 seats ain't all that. They're probably fairly heavy as well, seems like they all have airbags in them from what I remember.

Reusing the factory brackets (if you can make them work) will probably yield the most available headroom. I think the Corbeau brackets are a good option as well.

Tim300wsm

Reaction score
My car will be
I’m using mine primarily for autocross. Most street miles will be to the track. I’m considering fixed back seats but not sure I want to go quite that far as I will need to drive some road miles

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My car will be

I’m using mine primarily for autocross. Most street miles will be to the track. I’m considering fixed back seats but not sure I want to go quite that far as I will need to drive some road miles

I ran fixed back Corbeaus in my white car. They're surprisingly comfortable - def not stocker level - but I had no problem driving it a few hours at a time. Just personal preference really.

Tim300wsm

Reaction score
I ran fixed back Corbeaus in my white car. They're surprisingly comfortable - def not stocker level - but I had no problem driving it a few hours at a time. Just personal preference really.
Probably what I will go with as they are light and much more affordable. I just need to slam the driver seat as low as possible and find one wide enough. I don’t want a gurney bubble lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online