Spring Question

281cammer

Reaction score
I'm looking springs for the 98 GT convertible I just bought. I need some opinions and pictures please. I'm putting Chrome saleens 18x9/10 replica's on it.
Steve Ricketts

wolvee123

Reaction score
I know a lot of people sware by Eibach prokit but My rears just took a dump and drag my arse like a bad dog.... Roush kit is nice as long as you like a set spring rate. H&R spring from what I hear are made in the same process as Eibach only made in the USA and H&R have a great Customer service and waranty. Ive been trying to get eibach to send me new springs for there lifetime waranty but with no luck...

hoss13

Reaction score
I went with the Eibach pro Kit. If it wasn't for the X-pipe hanging so low I would have gone lower (street kit).

100_0435.jpg

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
hoss13 said:
I went with the Eibach pro Kit. If it wasn't for the X-pipe hanging so low I would have gone lower (street kit).

100_0435.jpg

ive got the same and like them just fine

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
I had the eibach pro kit but found it wasnt quite low enough for my liking.

Id like mine to be a little lower myself, but it will have to do for now

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
IMO hands down the best springs for looks are H&R Supersports, they give the front a tiny bit lower so it NEVER looks like the ass is sagging. Also they design them slightly better and have a kit specific for the 94-95, 96-98.

OP
OP

281cammer

Reaction score
Well Droptop, I ordered the Steeda sport superlites. If I don't like them it's your fault. Ha ha
Steve Ricketts

ALITL8

Reaction score
281cammer said:
Well Droptop, I ordered the Steeda sport superlites. If I don't like them it's your fault. Ha ha
Steve Ricketts

hahaha!!! i like the drop on DTP's car but it's too low for me... roads around here are too unpredictable. be sure you dont pull up too close to curbs and watch out when you or your passenger is opening the door!!! i know these are "givens" but you'd be surprised at how fast you forget. i got my front spoiler pulling up to Pizza Hut the day after i lowered it... boy was i embarrassed!

ALITL8

Reaction score
Matt94GT said:
I try to back into spots now or i leave a hudge gap and look like a goof, at least the bumpers safe.

LOL i do too, "now"!

98stalkercobra

Reaction score
I have stock coils cut 2 full coils on the front and have D&D coil-overs on the rear and it rides a little rough but its ok, i have chrome 17in Y2K cobras on it now!

[attachment deleted by admin] SORRY HAD TO CLEAR ROOM

GDawg

Reaction score
I know this thread is a little old but I'm going to whore it up anyway...

I have H&R SuperSports, Bilstein Struts/Shocks, MM C/C plates. My drop was 1-3/4" in the front and 1-1/2" in the rear. Would have been another 1/4" but I put in urethane isolators.

1d15f8c6.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online