Spring Tune-Up Questions.....

94StewFord

Reaction score
Gathering parts for a Spring Tune-Up. I am looking at the Champion Copper Plus plugs as they are a bit hotter, vs the Motorcraft 450's. Also, are the factory wires ok? My car only has 37K miles on it, but did a lot of sitting the past few years prior to me acquiring it in October.............

Anything else I should address off the bat?

Thank you!!!

Last edited:

07GtS197

Reaction score
Did you buy those plugs yet? If not go with the factory plug. Check your cap and rotor for signs of wear. And if you want to get real crazy, change all the fluids.

OP
OP
94StewFord

94StewFord

Reaction score
Sure did! Wires as well. I will check the distributor in the spring when I tune her up. I already changed the engine oil and will to the rear differential as well. Transmission was done by the dealer about 5K miles ago, so I am good to go there.......

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
new wires should not hurt anything but if it is running ok they may not be needed. I have always been told to stick to the stock style autolite plugs myself

OP
OP
94StewFord

94StewFord

Reaction score
new wires should not hurt anything but if it is running ok they may not be needed. I have always been told to stick to the stock style autolite plugs myself
Everything that I have read is to stay with a copper plug. I use the Champions on my older stuff and like them. Might have to play around with the Gap a bit though….

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online