springs?

shrades79

Reaction score
Im new to the springs and dont really know what i would like. i'd like to hear what kind of springs you guys go with, I dont want the car to have a drastic drop but somethin that looks good and rides comfortable. Also whats the difference between specific and progressive rate springs i notice a big price difference?

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
I have the steeda sport springs on my 95gt and the tokico adjustables. I have only good things to say about the steeda springs.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Personally the best looking spring is the H&R Supersport, they supposadly ride awesome too. I think its 1.75" front, and 1.5" rear drop about. There are a few ppl on here with them.

OP
OP
S

shrades79

Reaction score
i can handle the price of the steeda springs but the shocks and struts im gonna be budgeted fairly cheap i dont need nething that is great but a decent ride im not gonna be doin ne road racing whats the cheapest with quality that you guys know of? would any aftermarket shock work with these springs?

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
KYB are cheap and decent, I wouldnt go any lower then those the regualr tokicos are prob nice too and steeda carrys them. If your dropping your car 1.75-2" I suggest getting foxbody struts so you eliminate the possiblity of them bottoming out.

OP
OP
S

shrades79

Reaction score
does any one know how the roush springs are im sure they are not as good as the ones mentioned but i was kinda interested in them

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I doubt I would go with them I think its just a small drop. Check out our Sponsors section stangsuspension offers our members a discount and he carrys any spring you would want and lots of shocks/struts I have bought lots from them in the past.

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
I would suggest going with the Eibach prokit. Once you start looking at the H&R SuperSports and Eibach Sportlines, now your looking at Caster Camber plates, bumpsteer kit, and new shocks and struts. For a nice riding, not extremely low, the ProKit is most likely your best bet. Haven't really seen drops from the Steeda or other brand springs, but have heard only good feedback from Eibach and H&R.

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I had the prokit on my car earlier, I just wanted it a bit lower so i switched up my setup, that is a very good point the Eibach Pros you will not need caster camber plates!

OP
OP
S

shrades79

Reaction score
my car already has caster camber plates on it so thats not a problem

94gtstang50

Reaction score
Don't buy cheap suspension stuff though, I know you want to save money, but as the saying goes, "you get what you pay for" and with the cheap crap, you have to remember that they wont last as long(more money spent replacing), wont be as nice in quality and have a higher risk of failing.

Eastcoast5.0

Reaction score
shrades79 said:
Im new to the springs and dont really know what i would like. i'd like to hear what kind of springs you guys go with, I dont want the car to have a drastic drop but somethin that looks good and rides comfortable. Also whats the difference between specific and progressive rate springs i notice a big price difference?
Progressive springs are what you want. Specific are meant for racing and will be too stiff, especially with your other stock components.

How much of a drop you want? Once you figure that out look at Eibach, H@R, and even the Ford Racing C springs (very inexpensive and offer a good drop).

Here's a small pic of Eibach Pro-kit after many years.
MycarDadcarNoseNose.jpg

Black95gt

Reaction score
I just got Ford C-Springs on my 95, still waiting for them to settle, Ill post a picture up, I think they are great, not too low but just right because I have LT headers, so it gives me some clearance.

OP
OP
S

shrades79

Reaction score
will any aftermarket shocks and struts work with the eibach, steeda, and ford racing springs?

OP
OP
S

shrades79

Reaction score
does anyone have more pics of the steeda sport, ford racing c, and eibach springs on there car

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online