Sputtering new edge

OP
OP
T

thenewedge

Reaction score
Finally,I have the car running much better,near perfect.No tune,or more wasted money on parts,just replaced the fuel injectors out another new edge and that did the trick.

OP
OP
T

thenewedge

Reaction score
Finally,I have the car running much better,near perfect.No tune,or more wasted money on parts,just replaced the fuel injectors out another new edge and that did the trick.

false Alarm,after running great for 30 - 40 miles back to the same old story,I did come to a conclusion though.I have noticed after getting gas it helps considerably.4 times now I have gotten gas and the car runs great for an amount of time.idk if the pump is getting hot and getting gas is cooling it down or what but clearly there is some connection. :BangHead:

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Somehow somewhere in the pump assembly I'm guessing there is a crack somehow.

Sounds like as your fuel level drops the pump is having a hard time pulling fuel.

I had this happen once on my old bronco. When tank was full it ran like a champ, drop a few gallons and it ran like crap.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP
T

thenewedge

Reaction score
the end the thread,I finally figured out the problem.something very simple and fairly common on the new edge cars,the fuel tank to filler neck seal.

Nirwan

Reaction score
I'm Sorry but how has that anything to do with the sputtering of the engine ? Does the gastank has to be closed to run good ?
Like a vacuum for the pump to work correct ? Having a new edge myself just curious about this. Thnx ..

07GtS197

Reaction score
Thats probably only part of your problem, my guess would be what evilcw said is your problem and its exacerbated by your filler neck gasket being torn and you losing fuel quicker. My 00 gt had a torn filler neck gasket and I never had this problem. All it would do is dump half my tank out when I turned corners. I even had this guy chase me down and cut me off just to tell me Im leaking gas lol.

Thomas_W

Reaction score
I have also seen where the Fuel rail pressure sensor goes bad and gives erroneous readings when hot vs. cold.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.