Spyders Engine Rebuild - 302 to 331

Stangbangin

Reaction score
I know my motor is not a stroker but I do have a fully forged bottom end and I feel more uneasy with the block when spraying than I do the crank. If I did it over again I would have saved 300 bucks and got a cast crank and had it balanced. it'll take alot more to break a cast crank than what most of us can afford. those forged rods will go before the cast crank. (probably)

fastNA 95GT

Reaction score
Stopsign32v said:
fastNA 95GT said:
331 make more hp and rev higher and dont oiling problems. 347 make more torque usually but also last about 20k and need to be gone through again.

leaned al this after i bought mine

wrong wrong wrong and wrong :nonono:

Bet me on that one its been proven that 331's are more efficent motor.

I know how i got my information from. one of the best engine designers in the business.

go to an nmra event and ask people about 331 and a 347 and theyll tell you to build a 331.

how are you gonna telll me im wrong i had two 347, and the only reason i built a 2nd 347 it was leftovers from the first motor

the stroke of a 347 puts alot of friction on a piston on the thrust do to the rod angle.

And everyone knows 331 out rev a 347 you can take that to the bank sonny.

You learn fron the people that go fast instead of buring your face in a magazine and spewing out what you read out of it. which i catch a lot of people doing.

not saying you do just wanted to through that in.

fastNA 95GT

Reaction score
[tock block split at 500+ horses, and all those compenents will hold more than that. some see it as a waste of money, others see it as piece of mind.
[/quote]

ahh i would spend extra 400 bucks get a forged crank to go with ..scat makes some nice stuff and i belive your gettin this stuf from Coast HP.

i ruined two cranks and try to get it 28oz balancer on it is help is what my engine builder told me he says the 50oz is too much a car with high reving motor which mine kind of was at 6300 shift point

but if you cant you cant.

ryclef331

Reaction score
The side loading of the increased stroke on a 347 is the reason I built a 331.

WE ALL KNOW a stock block SUCKS SHIT. They split down the middle due to shitty thin webbing front and rear. Guess what increasing your stroke does....increases that side load. Your crank basically tries to push the block apart. Longer stroke increases this load. High RPMs increase this load as well. As for the oiling issues on 347's, companies have since designed pistons that move the oil ring up higher to help elmininate oil consumption issues. Either way, if I were to do things different, I wouldn't have put all that in a stock block unless i got a killer deal on it. I'd build a forged piston and rod 306, rev it to the moon, and gear the SHIT out of the car.

fastNA 95GT

Reaction score
mine had the the"the improved oiling piston" it was still junk. this was 4 years ago i wish i knew then what i know now. thats why now im going dart block 364

ryclef331

Reaction score
fastNA 95GT said:
was 4 years ago i wish i knew then what i know now.

AMEN! I'd be running a 408 with 205's and then some....

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
hey spyder since you have everything apart if you want anything powdercoated let me know

Spyder

Reaction score
Well, dalamar already did a fine job repainting my valve covers, im not sure what else i would do though. I have to pick through some parts and see if i can find anything. Ill let you know for sure

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
covers1.jpg

covers2.jpg

covers3.jpg

covers4.jpg

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
we should make this thread a sticky cuz im very interested on how this is gonna come out.... lost of pics dalamar your notorious for it so continue

Spyder

Reaction score
Yeah, he is a little camera whore.

I should be getting some parts this weekend, then the machine shop should be finishing up the block next week sometime

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
kool cant wait to see some pics...... and im correcting myself i meant to say lots of pics not lost of pics sorry dalamar

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm notorious eh :pimp: ;D
ok - It's a sticky.

Chris - when is that rotating assembly showing up?!

Spyder

Reaction score
The new rotating assembly should be shipped out either today or tomorrow

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online