Spyders Engine Rebuild - 302 to 331

Hicks

Reaction score
Nice!!! i like it alot, especialy the paint

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
hey dal ill pm you my address so you can send me that nice motor :)

;D

Spyder

Reaction score
Hicks said:
Nice!!! i like it alot, especialy the paint

THanks man.

Its taking alot more time than i had expected, but i guess that what you get when your mixing OEM parts with aftermarket stuff.

Hopefully, buy next weekend it will be up and running and ill be breaking it in

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
head1.jpg

head2.jpg

Spyder

Reaction score
Hicks said:
What kindof heads are those?

Edelbrock Performer 5.0

they have 170 cc runners, 60 cc chambers and 1.90 int and 1.60 ext valves.

Spyder

Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
Nice lookin rods and girdle!! . . .. 8)

Thanks tad, hopefully i can give them a little of the hell you gave em.

The girlde was a real bitch to get around when installing the oil pump and pick up tube. But a little torching and grunting, she is on there.

Now i just need to get a couple more small parts and then we will be stuffing the new hawtness in the car.

Reaction score
fastNA 95GT said:
Stopsign32v said:
fastNA 95GT said:
331 make more hp and rev higher and dont oiling problems. 347 make more torque usually but also last about 20k and need to be gone through again.

leaned al this after i bought mine

wrong wrong wrong and wrong :nonono:

Bet me on that one its been proven that 331's are more efficent motor.

I know how i got my information from. one of the best engine designers in the business.

go to an nmra event and ask people about 331 and a 347 and theyll tell you to build a 331.

how are you gonna telll me im wrong i had two 347, and the only reason i built a 2nd 347 it was leftovers from the first motor

the stroke of a 347 puts alot of friction on a piston on the thrust do to the rod angle.

And everyone knows 331 out rev a 347 you can take that to the bank sonny.

You learn fron the people that go fast instead of buring your face in a magazine and spewing out what you read out of it. which i catch a lot of people doing.

not saying you do just wanted to through that in.

how high are u wanting to rev a 331? and 347 last just as long as any motor know a days if built correctly. i was revving my 347 to 6500rpm and my next 347 i will shifting at 7-8000rpm. its all in your setup its not based on the displacement of the motor

SvtBlack95

Reaction score
im in love with your motor man.... that things is nice esp with the blue

Spyder

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch man

Im just anxious as hell to get it running and see how well she performs

fastNA 95GT

Reaction score
wow were still talking about this.

okay its not that a 347 wont rev that high but stop making power at about 6k rpm while 331 go up high 6800 range and dhift at 7k to 7300

depending cam.

And my 347 had the best of everything and i shifted at 6000 rpm any more and it was pointless.

Reaction score
fastNA 95GT said:
wow were still talking about this.

okay its not that a 347 wont rev that high but stop making power at about 6k rpm while 331 go up high 6800 range and dhift at 7k to 7300

depending cam.

And my 347 had the best of everything and i shifted at 6000 rpm any more and it was pointless.

i think that just has to depend on ones set up. your particular set up may have stopped at 6 but mine kept going

fastNA 95GT

Reaction score
but its about how fast you go not how high you rev it

so i was happy with the performance

11.60s all day on motor with a car with full leather interrior with a set 26.8.5 15 slick on a 88 lincoln town car rim and dangled a 17 inch cobra wheel i dont think i did too bad

Reaction score
all i am saying is you say one particular engine out rev's the other. and my car ran rather well i wish i was able to run it at the track i was hoping for mid 11's also

hechtrod

Reaction score
I'm in Utah too and if I keep my stang for the long haul, I want/need to do a rebuild. Because of budget and goals for the car, I think all I'd do is a 306 with nice pistons and rods. What machine shop did you take the block too? How much did the block work cost? Did it include clean (hot tank?) and paint? It looks great by the way. :)
Can't wait to see how everything turns out. What intake are you running? I didn't see if you were going to use the Cobra or a new one?

I'll be watching this closely. I too would be interested in knowing what the final cost with a break down ends up?
Thanks,
Chris Hecht

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online