squeaking from front?

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Havent looked into it at all but as I was pulling into my garage I noticed a squeaking comming from my front left side. It squeaks when I turn the steering wheel but only when I turn it to the left.

Any ideas?

theponyfactor

Reaction score
I have the same thing happening, except i think mine is a lot worse. Mine suspension front suspension squeaks when i hit any sort of bump, and it squeaks when i turn the wheel any way. Its very annoying, especially if im driving around in some sort of park and all people here is this squeaky car. :-[

Tattoogod

Reaction score
try this.take the belt off ,and start.if noise goes away,you know its not a pulley or pump, ???

theponyfactor

Reaction score
Tattoogod said:
try this.take the belt off ,and start.if noise goes away,you know its not a pulley or pump, ???

I already know its not a pulley or pump....you can tell that not from the engine.

97vertstang

Reaction score
i got the same problem mine squeaks going into my driving only when i turn left. :dunno: i just ignore ;D but would like to know what could cause that.

97WhitePony

Reaction score
Its your steering joint(like a balljoint, but its not a ball)... if you were to take your wheel off, and then look under the whole hub assembly youll see a Grease zerg (grease nipple) just pop your grease gun on it and give it a squirt or two, should take care of it... I did mine, but over greased and popped the boot off, so i have to do it every other week or so till i change the boots, also check those boots and make sure theyre not broken and such

ALITL8

Reaction score
good info, im not squeeking but if i do :thumb:

97vertstang

Reaction score
great info im going to do it as soon as possible.i have another squeak but this one is in my steering wheel.probably around 500 miles ago i got a little tiny squeak when i turn my steering wheel.im the only one that notices it.my friends say im full of shit but i know i got it.well i flushed my power steering fluid and put new one and i still got it any ideas.sorry to jack the thread matt but were on the squeaking subject anyways. ;D

97WhitePony

Reaction score
you can get to it still... youll have to jack up the car anyway though... ill get some pictures together tonight and see if i cant walk ya through it

rgs

Reaction score
i heard that specific squeak means the car is dieing and that you should give it to me...

dunno about the validity of that but i would like to believe its true :)

97WhitePony

Reaction score
Youre also correct RGS, it means to let the car get parted out among the white car owners...

rgs

Reaction score
97WhitePony said:
Youre also correct RGS, it means to let the car get parted out among the white car owners...

great minds think alike

OP
OP
Matt94GT

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
so got any pics or more specific info on where I can find this nipple? regualr grease gun do it? This squeaking is pissin me off and if this works thats awesome, it might be the balljoints or tie-rods.

OP
OP
Matt94GT

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
well I got this pic from him, I added in a arrow with where it is.
frontsuspnipple.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online