Squeaking noise?

weh1987

Reaction score
My car is a 95 5.0 5spd. The problem I'm having is a aggravating squeaking noise. It sounds similar to a slipping belt or throw out bearing to me. I pulled my belt off and the noise is still there and in my experience a bad throw out bearing stops when you press the clutch pedal (I could be wrong lol) also the noise is only at idle and is louder and more noticeable when car is warmed up. If I slowly idle up the motor the noise fades out and comes back when RPMs fall back to idle. Thoughts? Any info would be appreciated. Limited budget so I don't want to just start throwing parts at it.

OP
OP
W

weh1987

Reaction score
No changes when I press pedal at all. Thinking it maybe in head on passenger side but honestly hard to tell.

Kboss87

Reaction score
balancer isn't wobbling and contacting timing cover? I feel like that would be hard to miss though.

Try disconnecting the IAC momentarily maybe?

OP
OP
W

weh1987

Reaction score
quick update. I took a hose to use like a stethoscope and when I stick one end of hose into oil filler tube on passenger valve cover the squeaking noise is very noticeable.

Mustanger

Reaction score
I have a noise too but when i barley touch the clutch it goes away?

That is very common for our cars I had it too....fixed it with the Lethal Performance LDC mod...added a 1/2 " spring & 2 1/2" x 3/4" reducers to the clutch cable at the clutch fork. This forces the clutch fork to the neutral position & the squeak magically stops!

LDCClutchparts-2.jpg

RichV

Reaction score
If the noise is coming from the valve cover, it's not a TOB. I was gonna suggest the stethoscope.

Only thing left to do is remove the VC and look for something damaged. You did say removing the drive belt yielded no change on the squeak?

OP
OP
W

weh1987

Reaction score
Yea no change when I removed belt. Its definitely under valve cover. Pull in cover off in the morning to investigate.

OP
OP
W

weh1987

Reaction score
Lil update. Pulled valve cover and found that my valve springs were very weak. I could wiggle some side to side and even rotate em. So this past weekend I installed new trick flow springs, Manley pushrods, and Crane Cams 1.7 rockers but my squeak still exist.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online