SR cold air intake

lonestar1

Reaction score
Gentlemen, have a 2002 GT that I just installed a SR cold air intake. There is a large plate that holds the filter in the bumper cavity. It has a cut out for the original rubber bushing, but the plate then sits about 1 inch above the shelf. It has 2 holes in the bottom of the plate, but they are blocked by the air pipe. Anyone have a way to anchor this plate? Moves around during driving.

Thanks Lonestar1

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
There should be holes in the frame rail for 2 bolts to go through that bottom plate and bolt to the car. You can bolt that plate in place and then work the pipe in without the filter and put the filter on from the bottom.

heffe2001

Reaction score
I had the same one (still have the pieces parts somewhere at home), and it should have had 2 aluminum posts on the bottom of that piece of metal that go down into 2 rubber grommets where the original airbox was attached. I had to order the rubber grommets for mine, as they were missing. With the grommets not there, the whole plate would kind of move back and forth. With them in place, it was locked in place, and never moved around.

Link to the rubber grommets:

http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/item/LRS-9686AK/1994-04-Mustang-Airbox-Mount-Kit

Aluminum posts you should have in the kit:

studs.jpg

I never was happy with the looks of mine, so I ended up replacing it with a K&N CAI.

heffe2001

Reaction score
K&N is much better!

I absolutely agree, lol. With the SR, you do NOT want to bolt it down where it won't move at all, with the movement of the motor and all, it needs to be able to at least flex a little, that's why they use those posts and rubber grommets, so it can move, but not flop around, lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online