Srt4's?

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
SRT-4s are cool to me, I don't care what anyone says. They sound awesome and they are super easy to make power with. They will put a beating on mustangs on this site stock for stock lol. I do however hate that they are fwd, and the interior does look a bit cheesy but c'mon we drive mustangs not mercedes.
And saying its just a neon is like saying a terminator is just a mustang. Obviously it is a neon but it doesn't share much in common with the gay neon. Good mpg and fun.

I've been contemplating the switch from svt to srt but idk if I can live with fwd even thought I don't really drag race. But I think its because I'm getting old at 22 going on 35 and I feel like I need/want 4 doors and better mpg lol.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
34030877.jpg

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
All I can say is they can really move out and I would love to have one .

Addermk2

Reaction score
Dig up some money and come buy my WRX! I'd like to buy a truck some time soon.

If I don't end up selling it in the next year or so, it'll be getting a forged shortblock and a DOM1.5 turbo. The 311hp it makes right now just isn't quite enough for the gearhead inside me.

Hopefully ill stop modding it once the cobra is driveable.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
SRT-4s are cool to me, I don't care what anyone says. They sound awesome and they are super easy to make power with. They will put a beating on mustangs on this site stock for stock lol. I do however hate that they are fwd, and the interior does look a bit cheesy but c'mon we drive mustangs not mercedes.
And saying its just a neon is like saying a terminator is just a mustang. Obviously it is a neon but it doesn't share much in common with the gay neon. Good mpg and fun.

I've been contemplating the switch from svt to srt but idk if I can live with fwd even thought I don't really drag race. But I think its because I'm getting old at 22 going on 35 and I feel like I need/want 4 doors and better mpg lol.

Sure terminor and SRT4 is a good apples/apples comparison. I mean the fastest limited edition cobra and the skittle and almost brothers.. The interiors are SUPER cheap in them, the ext has been compaired to candy for a reason, its UGLY, boring and I don't care how far you slam it/hella flush it/what ever, still a neon....

410sn95

Reaction score
A Terminator is just a Fairmont

A SRT-4 is just a Neon.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sure terminor and SRT4 is a good apples/apples comparison. I mean the fastest limited edition cobra and the skittle and almost brothers.. The interiors are SUPER cheap in them, the ext has been compaired to candy for a reason, its UGLY, boring and I don't care how far you slam it/hella flush it/what ever, still a neon....

Bottom line is a SRT4 cost literally HALF what the Terminator did new and in all realistic ways, is a lot more practical. The back seat isn't much bigger but 4 doors means you can actually get to it to use it, the trunk is a cave compared to the Mustang's, and FWD behaves better in bad weather conditions. Lookee there, that also sounds like plusses in the daily driver department. Did I mention that fact that my personal car averaged about 25mpg with a lot of spirited driving? When the SRT4 came out, it was Dodge's 2nd fastest car with only the Viper being quicker than it. For the same money as a SRT4, you could have bought a nice V6 Mustang, I'm pretty sure the SRT4 was cheaper even than a base GT from the same year but not 100% on that. The interior which you seem so keen to put down IS cheap BUT at the end of the day, the interior in my SRT4 wasn't really any worse than my 95's. The fit and finish was about the same, neither were rattle traps but they also didn't feel as solid as a lot of other cars, honestly what do you think is so bad about the interior? The problems I had in my interior were mostly from the previous owner being a dumbass when taking my personal interior apart.

At the end of the day, I do not regret getting rid of my SRT4 but that was due to issues I had with that particular car and because of the amount of money I had tied up in it. I would not hesitate to pick up another now that their prices have started to come down.

Addermk2

Reaction score
so stock srt vs stock terminator in a race - who will win?

Terminator.

SRT's can definitely be quick. I am just not impressed with the overall quality of the build.

Caboose302

Reaction score
Stock:
Termi [email protected]

SRT4 13.9@103

And yes my brother in law couldn't drive to save his life in the snow. He also had summer tires on it and all seasons on his IROC.
I wont deny they are quick, but the build quality of the engine, transmission, interior... the entire car sucked. I almost bought my brother in laws until he told me all the times he had to take it back to the dealership for issues. He said even though it says SRT, it was still built with the rest of the Neons.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

97NYstanGT

Reaction score
More practical than a mustang? I don't think it's a good car to replace the mustang for just the winters. Plus it's a dodge, it's almost as bad as replacing a mustang with a cobalt SS. If you want a reliable car that's really fun to drive and is good in the snow, looks into focus svt, it's not as fast but it's an absolute handling beast

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Well who doesn't have a family of 4 that looks at buying a really high powered sports car like a termi? I mean who has not considered how hard it will be loading JR into the baby seat and then taking off on a 12 sec ride? And I can't tell you how many people I knew that were looking at terminators but they were turned off by the gas milage and the winter driving problems............ I can't tell you because ITS NEVER HAPPENED!!!

apples/apples...

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Sure termino and SRT4 is a good apples/apples comparison. I mean the fastest limited edition cobra and the skittle and almost brothers.. The interiors are SUPER cheap in them, the ext has been compaired to candy for a reason, its UGLY, boring and I don't care how far you slam it/hella flush it/what ever, still a neon....
lol its the fastest limited edition neon? lol. Yeah they do look really cheap but not like our SN's are luxurious lol. But candy is a beautiful thing lol. I personally like how they look slammed and wingless but yeah they do look tall and fat. Idk I just like them for a few reasons already mentioned. I think 70% of people dislike them and I'm okay with that because that's the same for SN95s to most people, even mustang people. The thing that sucks about them the most is they are fwd. But if I had a girl and a kid I sure would buy one so I wouldn't have to drive a boring car every day.

Addermk2

Reaction score
Well who doesn't have a family of 4 that looks at buying a really high powered sports car like a termi? I mean who has not considered how hard it will be loading JR into the baby seat and then taking off on a 12 sec ride?

I have a family of 3, own a high powered sports car... And regularly take my son out for rides in my 12 second car.

OP
OP
sleepn_sn95

sleepn_sn95

Reaction score
Thanks for the input/hate guys. Ive decided Im going to hold out and find a bugeye wrx wagon

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Bug eyes are the best looking models to date. I don't like subie wagons but the bug eye ones look awesome slammed. I'd have a subie but I can't afford one lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online

No members online now.