Stage 2.5 cams and tuning

Rolltide1006

Reaction score
Hey all! I have a 97 GT and had the motor rebuilt. It will be finished and running in the next week and was curious on tuning. I am installing CMS stage 2.5 blower cams in my rebuilt 4.6. I know the car will run, but will I be ok for a week until I can get it dyno tuned? Also I don't have the supercharger yet so it will be N/A at first. Any help or advice is appreciated! The motor has forged internals minus the crank, arp fasteners throughout and PI heads with upgraded springs and valves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Do you have a wideband to monitor afr? You should be fine driving it for the week. If your worried about it, ask the tuner to write you a startup tune so you don't burn anything up. I ran my old pi swap with stage 2 cams for a few weeks without tuning.

OP
OP
Rolltide1006

Rolltide1006

Reaction score
Do you have a wideband to monitor afr? You should be fine driving it for the week. If your worried about it, ask the tuner to write you a startup tune so you don't burn anything up. I ran my old pi swap with stage 2 cams for a few weeks without tuning.

Ya I don't have anything but the stock ECU with the stock tune. Hoping I will be ok. I'm going to make a few phone calls in the AM [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online

No members online now.