Stage two cam

Craig

Reaction score
Stock valves. Beehive upgraded springs, and retainers, and lash adjusters.

az97cobra

Reaction score
You probably are safe if the lift is less than the 274 but I didn't check mine and the valves hit the pistons just a little bit which is enough to ruin the valve. So my advice is better safe than sorry.

Craig

Reaction score
@joe65 @az97cobra thanks for the replies. Joe65 that video on how to degree 2v cams was awesome. He gives an equation for how to determine when valve relief is needed. Turns out I’ll need valve relief or I’ll need to run different cams. Jordan in the video says the highest lift cams that can be used with stock pistons and no valve relief is a cam @.050” intake lift of 228. I’ll be getting valve relief pistons. Thanks for the help.

joe65

Reaction score
@joe65 @az97cobra thanks for the replies. Joe65 that video on how to degree 2v cams was awesome. He gives an equation for how to determine when valve relief is needed. Turns out I’ll need valve relief or I’ll need to run different cams. Jordan in the video says the highest lift cams that can be used with stock pistons and no valve relief is a cam @.050” intake lift of 228. I’ll be getting valve relief pistons. Thanks for the help.

anytime i can share stuff I've seen I'm happy too. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with his stage 2 cams on mine. His stage 2.5 cams sound good, but I'm in no need of pushing the max for now. I'll maybe to that on my coyote build.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online