Stand-alone systems and the ccrm

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
For those that have switched over to stand-alone systems please speak up.

I’ll be ordering a fuel system in the short future and that will be the beginning of bringing the beast back to life. It’s gonna be a long process so don’t get excited just yet.

I’m going to go with the Holley EFI as some of you have recently done. But I’m curious if it’s worth wiring into the ccrm or if best to just eliminate it.

If you eliminated yours what all was involved and how bad was it.

What all specifically does the ccrm control? I know the radiator fan, the ac compressor, the fuel pump..........and I’m not sure what else.

All 3 fuel pumps will be on their own relays and will be controlled in stages by the Holley. Fan will be controlled by the Holley by a relay. Ac will need controlled but I don’t know off the top of my head what all will be needed to get it back in line. Not sure what else needs to be controlled away from the ccrm if I delete it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I ditched mine and had no problem but I have also not dealt with the ac yet.

I have a shitload of extra an connectors I didn't use I can help you with. Those things tear up a CC pretty quick...

OP
OP
evilcw311

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I ditched mine and had no problem but I have also not dealt with the ac yet.

I have a shitload of extra an connectors I didn't use I can help you with. Those things tear up a CC pretty quick...

I may have to swing out and go over the Bible you wrote with all of your wiring.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Ccrm runs high and low speed fan, fuel pump, main ecu power, and WOT a/c shut off. You can look up a diagram to show what all the ccrm does. I deleted mine and put my own relay block in place of it. If you leave the ccrm it will throw the car in protect mode and have the fans running all the time.

Are you planning to keep the wot shut off function for the a/c? I did not, so that eliminated the need for a relay. Then your fuel pumps will already be on their own circuit so that takes care of another one. All the ccrm would do after that would be main ecu power, high fan, and low fan. I would get a 4 gang relay box and replace the ccrm. Just make sure to get good relays that are rated high enough for the fans.

I’ve got pictures in my build thread from a few years ago where I showed how I did my relay box.

OP
OP
evilcw311

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ccrm runs high and low speed fan, fuel pump, main ecu power, and WOT a/c shut off. You can look up a diagram to show what all the ccrm does. I deleted mine and put my own relay block in place of it. If you leave the ccrm it will throw the car in protect mode and have the fans running all the time.

Are you planning to keep the wot shut off function for the a/c? I did not, so that eliminated the need for a relay. Then your fuel pumps will already be on their own circuit so that takes care of another one. All the ccrm would do after that would be main ecu power, high fan, and low fan. I would get a 4 gang relay box and replace the ccrm. Just make sure to get good relays that are rated high enough for the fans.

I’ve got pictures in my build thread from a few years ago where I showed how I did my relay box.

I think the Holley can control a relay for the ac shut off. The Holley will have its own independent power. So I really shouldn’t need much. This is gonna allow me to really clean up some wiring under the hood.

It will be a while till I get to this stuff but I figured best to start asking and planning now. Most of the factory stuff will be eliminated. Ac is only feature staying around. Other than that Holley will control everything and what’s not needed goes bye bye.