Stand alones

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
What stand alone system would you use. Im looking for ease of tuning,price,and the most direct plug n play. I have installed a fast system on my buddies turbo fox coupe and it wasent all that bad.

kb1982

Reaction score
Ive been reading great reviews about the Pro M setup on the other mustang website. Apparently it ships with a really good tune also that doesnt need to be modified much if any. It includes a new wiring harness, which could be a pro or a con depending on the shape yours is in. I currently have a Megasquirt PnP unit in my car. The stock wiring harness plugs directly into it. The only wiring i did was hook my wideband output to the input on the MS. The unit comes with a base tune, that is for a completely stock 94 95 Gt, so you are left to tune it to your engine. Within 5 minutes, I had my car fire up and idle with it. If you want, you can even download the software that tunes it for free at this link. http://tunerstudio.com/index.php/tuner-studio The datalog viewer is also free. This system can do speed density or be setup with a mass airflow, or a mixture of both. It does change the car from sequential fuel injection to batch fire though.

mikey94gt

Reaction score
I've used the MS setups, they work well. They also sell an adapter board youll have to build into the empty case of an eeciv to connect to your stock wiring.... I'm gonna be doing this with a ms3 soon.

My my white car in the sig is using Holley HP... What a dream. Took me a week of nights to install (removed stock wiring) and get the random stuff to work right, such as headlights and running lights on the passenger side. The HP is awesome tho... I had my car tuned to the max with the A9L, ran good and put down 550 or so.... And I thought it ran good. The Holley ran better and was 80% tuned within about 20 min of startup after I figured out how to run the program..... And I didn't have a base tune to speak of. My car seems to make more power now, but the dyno says it's about the same.

Ive tried just about every standalone up to this point, either tuning friends cars or my own. Holley is hands down my favorite... It'll do anything.

The only standalone I haven't tried is that pro M stuff, but at $2k it's hard to do an experiment like that... Where I know Holley and where to go to get info and parts.

OP
OP
SMOKEDYA

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
Think I might settle on megasquirt or the fast system? Which do you guys like about the MS?

330CubeGt

Reaction score
I like what I read when I research Mega Squirt and I hear good reviews from all of the guys I know running it. Im pretty sure thats what I will be using if I ever get around to another project car.

Most of the cheaper but similar systems have less parameters/tunable options.

-330CubeGt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online