started something and i think its gonna be hard to finish [pic added]

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
well on my 94 i got bored and pulled off the plate on top of my intake because it looked like crap so i stripped it down sanded it all the worked primed it and in my head i want to paint it black and do the raised letters red....but then i took a close look at the small ford logo at the top and the even smaller letters and the damn cursive the wrote it in...now i dont know what to do?? should i just paint it all silver or something help lol

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Re: started something and i think its gonna be hard to finish

Uhhh, can you post pics of this ??? What color is the intake?

OP
OP
T

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score

stock ...aluminum or something i dont know...i had a little paint left from when i painted my brackets black and saw the plate looking nasty so i just poped it off and went to town...then i started looking at it lol i will try to find a pic mines primered so it wont be of any use

S

scarface

:pics:

OP
OP
T

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score

i cant find any on the net i will have to go get a pic later tonight if you want to see a stock intake plate thats in tan primer lol :dunno:

94darkhorse

Legend
Reaction score

tRaV_19 said:
i cant find any on the net i will have to go get a pic later tonight if you want to see a stock intake plate thats in tan primer lol :dunno:
I gottcha covered, I was playing around with my camera when I found this thread and mine is sitting on my ledge along my room.

S

scarface

sand blast it then use a dremel to polish the raised part.

S

scarface

or aircraft aluminum stripper.

OP
OP
T

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score

ohhh i started painting away today... i will take pics the lady can load tonight but i did it all in silver ...the 5.0 HO and Ford are red and all the low laying parts will be black ....its not done...i have the silver laid and the red started....i will take some pics for later ;D i really need to learn how to upload them on the comp from the digital camera

OP
OP
T

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score

well its finished....except for the clear coat... i got thin pin stripe to tape off the ford letters didn't come out to shabby when i was trying to get the pin striping off i bumped the still kinda wet paint in two spots in the oval but its not to bad and when its under the hood it will be a little dark so you wont see the small flaws i made in it...now it just needs to be cleared i have none here so i will do that later but heres a pic.....if you guys seriously knew the hours i got into this piece of crap haha :nonono:
use the above pic for reference except mine was worse the black was gone and the aluminum was flaking and oxidized terribly so i think i made it look good

900A0468.jpg

OP
OP
T

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
im happy with it ...i just need to get some clear on it...im noticing that the silver at the top isint covering as good as it is at the bottom i wonder if i didn't prep the metal very good up there or if it was affected by the tap i keep re-laying it i think the tape might have pulled some of it up...but im satisfied its in a low light area and it looks 100x better then before now it makes my intake look horrid lol :nonono: when will it stop haha

OP
OP
T

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
thanks i spent some time on it and had to redo a couple pieces a couple times.... tape edge was pulling up paint and stuff and taping off everything was horrible :nonono: i hope not to do it again haha...and im looking for a intake so i probley did it for nothing :slap:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online