Starter Issues!

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
3 days ago I woke up in the morning for work and turned my key and my car will click once (sounds like starter area). It will do this several times then eventually start. The battery shows 12 volts I plan on having it load tested tomorrow. It starts great when it finally starts so I dont want to believe that its a starter. Could it somehow have to do with the Pats system? If i use my key fob then my theft system goes crazy and i have to play with the locks to start it. What else could cause it not to start??

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
a dead cell in the battery, loose wiring terminals, worn out starter, worn out key tumbler.

OP
OP
S

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
Got the battery load tested and It is good. Checked all my connections at the battery and starter and they are tight. I have another starter that I will put in soon and hopefully that fixes it.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
checking to make sure they are tight is generally enough but when I check connections I remove them completely, clean the to surfaces and then put them back together. You would be amazed how little corrosion it takes to mess up a connection I would try that before throwing parts at it.

OP
OP
S

SN90FiveOh

Reaction score
I got a starter from the junkyard for $20. tested it at a local parts store and it was good. Swapped them out and its working fine.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online