starter not receiving power, please help!

Jake-96-gt

Reaction score
Hi everybody, I have been pocking at my cars wires all day because the car does not start nor crank. When you turn the key to power, all the dash lights light up and all the plugs in the interior have full power. When I tested my starter cable, there was no power shown. Does anybody have any tips on where to check next that may connect to the starter cable, or possibly know what issues cause no power to the starter cable. I tested the start with a hammer, still nothing. Though when I tested the the positive cable going to the starter solenoid it was receiving power even when the key wasn't turned, is that normal?

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
1st check the small wires at front by the battery
Make sure grounded

2nd check fuses relays

3rd check safety nutrual switch
Try by passing it

4th key ignition switch

And starter it self

These are some things to check first

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
did you check the thin wire or thick one going to the starter? As he said, start simple and poke your head in the fuse/relay box under the hood.

OP
OP
J

Jake-96-gt

Reaction score
Yeah, all my fuses are up and running. I tested both wires going to the starter, still nothing.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
so neither the small trigger wire shows power while cranking, nor the power wire?

I am going to assume you didn't test the trigger wire while cranking since the larger wire should have 12v on it at all times. There is a fusable link on that wire up by the battery that could have popped.

Now if you did test the trigger wire while cranking then there could be another problem

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online