Starter Question

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
i got far as getting the starter off. The ford one uses a bolt connector to tighten up 1 nut. The other connector uses like quick connect crimp connection.

The new PA starter uses a bolt/nut connectors for both connections.

The only way i can get this to work is by cutting the wire and twisting on a connection. Is this right? I didnt think i would have to cut anything

Am i missing something here? When i looked at the latemodelresto video the guy said something about a wire to piggy back onto your starter trigger wire. Well i dont have this wire and it didnt come with my starter from americanmuscle either so what now????

y6yze9a6.jpg

apejypy3.jpg

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
yes, cut yours.

cut yours. Add one of these to the end:
0506_ht_41_z%2Becu_tuning%2Beyelet_connector.jpg

and youre good to go :) i had to do it too when i got my PA unit.

use a soldering iron and shrink-wrap. dont do it cheep-o style. that's a pain in the ass to fix if it fails! :)

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
thanks

Im done if it fails its going to shop to get fixed. I crimped on a connector and its on there tight. Hopefully it stays since nothing is really moving there.

Car sounds different now when starting. Use to have a manly starter now it sounds like pirus lol

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Is this the ES, or the high torque one?

high torque.. should be the same as the stock 94-95 starter. Car sounds the same as it did before starting now. Just has a little faintly "whirl" sound at the end as the gears stop or whatever happens. Sounds good actually lol.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
This might sound dumb but can you get a video of what it sounds like lol.

LOL.. pretty sure its the same sound as the 94-95 starter. At first it sounded different but now it sounds the same as the re-manufacturer ford starter i removed.

And no its not dumb because i was looking for videos on youtube of the starter lol! Ill get one tomorrow for you

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Thanks Twista, that was hard to judge but I can hear the high spin faintly. Your car sounds good, I am going to go with a high torque starter too.

OP
OP
T

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks Twista, that was hard to judge but I can hear the high spin faintly. Your car sounds good, I am going to go with a high torque starter too.

Oh lol. Thought you wanted to hear how the starter sounded while cranking. The little spin off whirl sound is there in the video, but its masked big time by the exhaust. I think i can hear it better inside the cabin.
edit: Only way i can faintly hear it is turning off all bass and listening really hard and good @ 12 -13 seconds in to video.
thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010